when woody fouled out

stopsubbin

I am very upset that Basabe wasn't inserted into the game. When its all said and done we ain't winning tough games without this man on the court. I get The McCabe from Iowa but sheesh.

I am very upset that Basabe wasn't inserted into the game. When its all said and done we ain't winning tough games without this man on the court. I get The McCabe from Iowa but sheesh.

Very good point. I posted a similar thread thinking maybe oleseni because of his size and quickness.

But the same goes with basabe who is a great shot blocker, has big ups and quickness, a pretty good shooter and FT shooter.

McCabe is mainly a perimeter shooter or he charges or fouls on defense.

Very good point. I posted a similar thread thinking maybe oleseni because of his size and quickness.

But the same goes with basabe who is a great shot blocker, has big ups and quickness, a pretty good shooter and FT shooter.

McCabe is mainly a perimeter shooter or he charges or fouls on defense.

Yes. Not even Fran s Offense Defense switch of McCabe Basabe. Woody or Basabe have to be on the floor. Their intangibles are unmeasured in most eyes. We were leading and you want 3 small forwards to end the game . That lineup is for down by 8 with 35 seconds. Gabe will be out of position in the half court defensive set. The only way it may have worked is subbing McCabe and Basabe and taking out Uthoff.

I would have liked to have seen Clemmons...ISU pressured Iowa and he is best in the open floor and can finish, or get it to the open man.

Basabe struggled in man-to-man defense all night. There really wasn't any one to match up with, especially when ISU went 5 out, which is what they did most of the time MB was in the game.

Basabe struggled in man-to-man defense all night. There really wasn't any one to match up with, especially when ISU went 5 out, which is what they did most of the time MB was in the game.
This may be true. But it doesn't change what I'm saying. Who u think is gonna be better at defense when Woody is not on the floor and Gabe or Mel are sitting. We lose every time. BTW nobody was stopping except for Woody and Mel. This loss is on Fran

This may be true. But it doesn't change what I'm saying. Who u think is gonna be better at defense when Woody is not on the floor and Gabe or Mel are sitting. We lose every time. BTW nobody was stopping except for Woody and Mel. This loss is on Fran

I don't have an answer as to who might have been better (heck, they even tried Stokes for a stretch to try to defend) nor was I saying you were wrong. Just making an observation.

Seems fair to me to put the loss on Fran. I mean it was Fran that made the plays for ISU down the stretch and missed countless free throws down the stretch.

Seems fair to me to put the loss on Fran. I mean it was Fran that made the plays for ISU down the stretch and missed countless free throws down the stretch.
Ha Ha Ha . He really did help I assure U. If we were down no problem. If it was just for the offensive possession after Niangs FTS no problem. But final 1 40 is only wearing if Fran knew he was going to be down by 3 after being up.
This way he needs perimeter shooting rather than what Basabe brings to the table.

Latest posts