When will we start getting votes in the polls???

True. We can beat them, but they beat us many more times out of ten and at iu, I'm calling a loss.

I agree, I think too many people are down playing Indy's potential. Plus it is better to call a loss and be wrong, than get on here and think Iowa has a real chance and then get dominated horribly.

I don't think they will be ranked if they win next Monday. The polls will come out the following Monday and by that time they will probably have a loss at Michigan as well. Maybe going 1-1 next week and getting to 12-3 gets it done but I'm not sure with the loss coming on a Sunday.

Fran is 3-1 against Indiana to date
and the Game is in Iowa city
and I remember when Iowa beat Purdue in Frans 1st season when they were fighting for the BTT

Fran is 3-1 against Indiana to date
and the Game is in Iowa city
and I remember when Iowa beat Purdue in Frans 1st season when they were fighting for the BTT

This is one of the most worthless stats when it comes men's basketball. This is the most deep Indiana team and from top to bottom has better talent than Iowa. The game is in Iowa City but I don't think scares the players, maybe Tom Crean but lets be honest here Iowa is only about a 10% chance in my opinion of winning this game and even less than that against Michigan.

This is one of the most worthless stats when it comes men's basketball. This is the most deep Indiana team and from top to bottom has better talent than Iowa. The game is in Iowa City but I don't think scares the players, maybe Tom Crean but lets be honest here Iowa is only about a 10% chance in my opinion of winning this game and even less than that against Michigan.

Better than being 1-3. Fran is a great coach.

True. We can beat them, but they beat us many more times out of ten and at iu, I'm calling a loss.

This knowledge will come in handy later in the season. But this game is at Carver. I still wouldn't pick Iowa, but I wouldn't be totally shocked to see them win in Carver. I would be shocked if they were to beat Indy in Bloomington.

In looking at the teams receiving votes, I wouldn't say Iowa has a better resume to date than any of them with the exception of Maryland. Maryland has played possibly a weaker schedule than Iowa...and beat South Carolina State 61-46 where Iowa beat them 90-46. By the way, So Car State is ranked 346 out of 347 teams on Pomeroy's site. But Maryland has just one loss.

Iowa pounded Indiana in Iowa City last year and though Indiana is better than they were last year, so is Iowa.

This is a different year and these teams are different. Indiana in my opinion has improved greater than Iowa thus far in the season, especially since last season. Mostly because Indiana isn't leaning on three true freshman in their starting line up either.

I can't believe this many people have responded to a troll thread started by a guy with the user name "hok". No, we shouldn't be receiving votes. We haven't beaten a good team yet. I was very happy about our wins over ISU and UNI, but they're not good teams. They're not bad teams by any means, but they're not victories to hang our hat on.

I can't believe this many people have responded to a troll thread started by a guy with the user name "hok". No, we shouldn't be receiving votes. We haven't beaten a good team yet. I was very happy about our wins over ISU and UNI, but they're not good teams. They're not bad teams by any means, but they're not victories to hang our hat on.

I don't think hok was trolling, but I agree Iowa hasn't beat a true tournament team. Maybe ISU will make it but if they wouldn't have beaten V-tech and W-St. I think Iowa should be in the top 25 for being undefeated. If V-tech had more depth I think they would be a tournament team. W-St. only makes the tournament if they beat Creighton for the MVC championship. After Indiana and Michigan, we will know where this Iowa team stands or atleast a better understanding.

I don't think hok was trolling, but I agree Iowa hasn't beat a true tournament team. Maybe ISU will make it but if they wouldn't have beaten V-tech and W-St. I think Iowa should be in the top 25 for being undefeated. If V-tech had more depth I think they would be a tournament team. W-St. only makes the tournament if they beat Creighton for the MVC championship. After Indiana and Michigan, we will know where this Iowa team stands or atleast a better understanding.

False. MVC could be a three bid league this year.

I don't think Iowa is ranked if they beat Indiana. They'll get votes but they won't be ranked.

Latest posts