When the new coach is announced...

HawkeyeWeb

everyone needs to be on board with whomever gets hired. We all have our ideas or preferences of who the next coach should be. None of us knows if the next coach will be able to resurrect this program so we have to give him and his staff a chance. It is in the best interests of all Hawk fans to support our next coach. The program can't improve without that support...no matter who the new coach is.

everyone needs to be on board with whomever gets hired. We all have our ideas or preferences of who the next coach should be. None of us knows if the next coach will be able to resurrect this program so we have to give him and his staff a chance. It is in the best interests of all Hawk fans to support our next coach. The program can't improve without that support...no matter who the new coach is.

The only way this happens is if Iowa hires.
1. Pearl
2. Dixon
3. Drew
4. Only way a Mid-major Coach/Steve Forbes can garner this type of support is with a staff that has Hawkeye ties to it.

It is going to be very interesting next 10 to 14 days.

Gotta love people like this who try telling others how they are to think, etc.

People like this are far greater problems to our program than those who offer differing opinions.

I don't really disagree with the OP. We won't agree about everything, but it couldn't hurt to have some positive energy behind the new coach.

Whoever the new coach is, I am behind him and hope like heck that he succeeds. However, if a a few years go by and we are not improving at all, or getting worse, and there are no good recruits on the way, then I think it's fair to start asking questions.

I am not saying that we need to be winning the Big Ten or in the Sweet 16 by year X, I am only saying that I think a good coach will be able to minimize player defections and have us playing more competetive basketball in the first 2-3 years. We should see things coming together a little bit and moving forward. We were not seeing this with Lickliter.

I totally understand the OP's point, though, and I think we could all use a lesson in patience. Myself included.

As long as the presser opens with Haddy telling the press corps that Barta is there to announce to them that Bruce Pearl is our new head coach.

Then there is some mumbling and giggling in the crowd about Haddy being a moron (per usual) but the whole room erupts in thundering applause as BP walks out on stage bare chested wearing overalls and Iowa suspenders.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ would unite the Iowa fan base.

The only way this happens is if Iowa hires.
1. Pearl
2. Dixon
3. Drew
4. Only way a Mid-major Coach/Steve Forbes can garner this type of support is with a staff that has Hawkeye ties to it.

It is going to be very interesting next 10 to 14 days.

prepare yourself for disappointment

The OP's a newbie, too.

I've watched this board and TOS for years. I don't post often but have more posts that the number indicates. Not sure what happened there. FYI I don't "tweet" either so I guess that makes me somewhat less credible. I love it how some posters think they are somehow more knowledgeable because they have more posts. Keep Tweetin', Big Guy! You are my idol!

Latest posts