When Iowa led 24 - 7, did you think

SayHawkKid

it was over? I just want to find out how many Hawk fans thought this game was over at 24 - 7, especially after last week.

The way the defense had played to that point I didnt think it was over but I thought the hawks were in great control.

But I also realized that of those 24 points the offense had only scored 10 and we didnt know they would have 5 straight 3 and outs coming up.

As it turned out the two big punt returns were like turnovers so that was like 6 turnovers today.

I turned to my Dad at halftime and said, "Nebby will come out guns a blazing" I think we lose...

no joke, no lie, KFed plays not to lose instead of stomping on peoples throat when we have the chance

No. Because as much as Iowa dominated they were stepping all over themselves. Because of that I thought Kirk would go super-conservative on offense and Nebby would inch back into the game. So much for inching.

My wife asked how can this keep happening to Iowa.

Two sons and son-in-law pulled a Kirk Ferentz quote (slightly paraphrased) and said in unison,

"That's Iowa football."

it was over? I just want to find out how many Hawk fans thought this game was over at 24 - 7, especially after last week.

Nebraska was dead in the water. The heart might have been faintly beating but there was blood coming from the nose and ears and the body had turned a disgusting blue. I think fish had already started biting at the soon to be corpse and might have even taken a couple toes.

I've seen enough of Ferentz to know better but I was foolish and thought it was in the bag. It took a special kind of incompetence to lose that game. Any time he's involved I should know he'll find a way to lose.

Honestly, I thought "How are they going to blow this?"

But I am at the point now where I assume the Hawks are going to lose pretty much no matter what. :( It really sucks.

I turned to my Dad at halftime and said, "Nebby will come out guns a blazing" I think we lose...

no joke, no lie, KFed plays not to lose instead of stomping on peoples throat when we have the chance

Stomping on people's throats? Ummmmm, that' why we DON'T want Biels. Too many blow outs. Not classy. Keeping it close and losing, very classy.

If that was after the blocked punt then I thought it was over. And I NEVER think it's over. Nebraska tried their *** off to give away that game and from that point we almost had to try to lose it.

Nope, never thought it was over. I was fearful for exactly as it turned out. Those punt returns were killer

Section 108
Row 53
Seats 17 18

I turned to my daughter and said, "This is on the verge of getting really ugly."

It sure was.

I did until midway through the 3d quarter when Ferentz started trying to milk the clock. Nebraska has too many playmakers to do that.

I knew the Kurt N Joke show would lead Nebraska to the promised land. I told the wife they'd lose when it was 24-7. I've seen this movie too many times.

Latest posts