When does the BIG shoe drop

Yeah, I don't really buy that either. I don't think I would be going out on a limb if I said that this team has no idea how bad they suck. I'm sure they go into most every game thinking that if they play hard they have a chance of winning and I'd bet that it has alot more to do with self confidence than it has to do with anything that Lickliter says to them.

stay_classy.gif

Of course they don't; they have people like you to remind them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't really buy that either. I don't think I would be going out on a limb if I said that this team has no idea how bad they suck. I'm sure they go into most every game thinking that if they play hard they have a chance of winning and I'd bet that it has alot more to do with self confidence than it has to do with anything that Lickliter says to them.

We can obviously see your av, why not save yourself the time and effort and just say "Hi folks!" for your post on ANYTHING "Lickliter"...we could fill in the rest from there...

I have no insider information.... I just have a feeling we may not be done with transfers, I mean more than Brommer.... There seems to be a disconnect between Lickliter and his guys.

If another starter leaves, does Barta almost have to pull the trigger?

I just have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about and are just trying to be a troll (bravo, by the way, it totally worked). There seems to be a disconnect between you and any real information, although there seems to be a solid connection between your cranium and the bottom of your lower intestines.

I don't get worked up about much, but someone (SOMEONE!) needs to put a stop to this "Gorsh, I just gots a feeling that all dem players hate dat coach and dey all gonna leave".

I just have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about and are just trying to be a troll (bravo, by the way, it totally worked). There seems to be a disconnect between you and any real information, although there seems to be a solid connection between your cranium and the bottom of your lower intestines.

I don't get worked up about much, but someone (SOMEONE!) needs to put a stop to this "Gorsh, I just gots a feeling that all dem players hate dat coach and dey all gonna leave".

Bravo sir...bravo! -wipes away tears of laughter-

If they hit 33% they would have still won... I know the game changes on how tight the score is, but if Iowa goes 8/24 instead of 12/24 they still win. 33% to 55% is only 4 made shots.

Iowa's D won the game vs NW.

Well, if Iowa would have shot 55% from triple tonight we would still have lost by 9.

7-25 on threes
7-25 on twos.

yikes

Purdue is a good team, so let's not take anything away from them.

But, wow. Iowa was only 4 or 5 rebounds from being even in that category. And, when you live and die on the triple - you will die a lot of times (Van Wilder)

Well, if Iowa would have shot 55% from triple tonight we would still have lost by 9.

7-25 on threes
7-25 on twos.

yikes

Purdue is a good team, so let's not take anything away from them.

But, wow. Iowa was only 4 or 5 rebounds from being even in that category. And, when you live and die on the triple - you will die a lot of times (Van Wilder)

And Iowa's D was awful tonight too.

The team is struggling and getting blown out at times. The weather is awful. Fan support is nil. I am sure there are some kids thinking about transferring. It may just be idle talk or there may be something more to it.

The players are young guys dealing with failure. I'm sure the exact same rumors are floating around any other programs in the midst of the February blahs.

This system relies on hitting a large number of low percentage shots. When we don't have even an average shooting percentage, we're going to struggle.

I said on Wednesday night, the NW win doesn't change anything, and honestly this loss doesn't really change anything either.

We've been a sub 500 team for most of the season, we just ran into a top 10 team on the road today.

If I'm Lickliter, my #1 priority (besides the obvious winning games) is to retain all current players on the roster. Including Brommer.

I continue to be amazed at how drastic some peoples thoughts change from game to game.

This system relies on hitting a large number of low percentage shots. When we don't have even an average shooting percentage, we're going to struggle.

I said on Wednesday night, the NW win doesn't change anything, and honestly this loss doesn't really change anything either.

We've been a sub 500 team for most of the season, we just ran into a top 10 team on the road today.

If I'm Lickliter, my #1 priority (besides the obvious winning games) is to retain all current players on the roster. Including Brommer.

I continue to be amazed at how drastic some peoples thoughts change from game to game.

I do NOT keep Sparky. If he plays :03, he has played too much.

When does the big SHOE drop? Not soon enough as far as I'm concerned. You are what your record says you are.....can't be denied and excuses frankly don't count. Let the SHOE drop soon so we can start the slow recovery back to mediocrity.

Wouldn't be so certain there aren't some unhappy guys besides Brommer and Tucker. Every year he has been coach at Iowa he has lost his best players and guys that played significant minutes..

I don't buy the kids are playing hard theory either. Kids play hard mostly for themselves and because they are competitive, not necessarily for the coach - that is overrated.

Right. Ever watch the clown men play ball? I've never seen Iowa quit, but I have seen the clowns quit this year If the players had such a big 'disconnect', it would be easy to see them roll over, given they practically lose every time out. But this team does not. It would be easy to quit when faced against losing, it is harder to keep battling, and that IS on the coach as this team has not quit in any game I've watched.

The only quitter is perhaps yourself.

When I saw the title of this thread I was afraid Ron "The Big Shoe" Gonder was at death's door.

Thank God it is only another Lick-bashing thread.

Latest posts