When does the BIG shoe drop

HaydensHawk

I have no insider information.... I just have a feeling we may not be done with transfers, I mean more than Brommer.... There seems to be a disconnect between Lickliter and his guys.

If another starter leaves, does Barta almost have to pull the trigger?

Brommer is the only player that a transfer would make sense. His is just facing reality of playing time. Too many ahead of him and another coming in.

I have no insider information.... I just have a feeling we may not be done with transfers, I mean more than Brommer.... There seems to be a disconnect between Lickliter and his guys.

If another starter leaves, does Barta almost have to pull the trigger?

If that was the case, why do they continue to play hard for him? If there was a disconnect and he wasn't jiving with his players, they could have mailed it in a long time ago.

If that was the case, why do they continue to play hard for him? If there was a disconnect and he wasn't jiving with his players, they could have mailed it in a long time ago.

This.

The ones who feel there are bigger transfers coming and Lickliter should get the axe right this second, before it even happens seem to be the ones who wanted him gone before this season started...almost as if their "wishful thinking" is winning out. Maybe there are more coming, who knows...but to say there's "a feeling" is a little much considering the effort being put forth.

There is still a month of season left. There will be war and rumors of war...always is this time of year.

I hope nobody is thinking that the win over Northwestern changes anything. It was exactly the same game they've been playing all season the only difference was the 3 was dropping. They still had long spans of going scoreless and turned the ball over way too much. They aren't going to shoot that well from 3 point land all the time and I don't think they can ever bank on shooting higher than 50% from behind the arc. I don't think this team is well coached. (If they don't buy in it still means they're not well coached)

I agree the Lick is a great guy and he handled the Tucker situation well but I don't think he fits in at Iowa or with the fans.

I hope nobody is thinking that the win over Northwestern changes anything. It was exactly the same game they've been playing all season the only difference was the 3 was dropping. They still had long spans of going scoreless and turned the ball over way too much. They aren't going to shoot that well from 3 point land all the time and I don't think they can ever bank on shooting higher than 50% from behind the arc. I don't think this team is well coached. (If they don't buy in it still means they're not well coached)

I agree the Lick is a great guy and he handled the Tucker situation well but I don't think he fits in at Iowa or with the fans.

It was more than just that...8 turnovers...won the boards. played hard. They would have won that game had they hit 43% from three....they dont have to hit 50.

With what they have coming in next year and coming back, that is going to be a team that may still struggle at times, and probably will...but it could also be a team that isn't just a cute little kid that you pat on the head, either.

It was more than just that...8 turnovers...won the boards. played hard. They would have won that game had they hit 43% from three....they dont have to hit 50.
If they hit 43% from the field consistently, they would be leading the country. Still hard to rely on that kind of marksmenship from the 3-point line, IMO.

Man, GIVE IT A REST. Lickliter is going to be here one or two more years, so just deal with it.

If Brommer wants to pick up his marbles and go home because he can't cut it playing with the Big Boys in the Big Ten, then so be it.

I don't see anyone else on this team packing it in.

Wouldn't be so certain there aren't some unhappy guys besides Brommer and Tucker. Every year he has been coach at Iowa he has lost his best players and guys that played significant minutes..

I don't buy the kids are playing hard theory either. Kids play hard mostly for themselves and because they are competitive, not necessarily for the coach - that is overrated.

With what they have coming in next year and coming back, that is going to be a team that may still struggle at times, and probably will...but it could also be a team that isn't just a cute little kid that you pat on the head, either.

If they hit 33% they would have still won... I know the game changes on how tight the score is, but if Iowa goes 8/24 instead of 12/24 they still win. 33% to 55% is only 4 made shots.

Iowa's D won the game vs NW.

I don't buy the kids are playing hard theory either. Kids play hard mostly for themselves and because they are competitive, not necessarily for the coach - that is overrated.

Yeah, I don't really buy that either. I don't think I would be going out on a limb if I said that this team has no idea how bad they suck. I'm sure they go into most every game thinking that if they play hard they have a chance of winning and I'd bet that it has alot more to do with self confidence than it has to do with anything that Lickliter says to them.

+1

I think Lick gets 2 more years to turn it around, unless no improvement is made next year.

I agree, he gets 2 more years and I personally think he's going in the right direction, it's just taking longer than anyone had hoped for many reasons.

absolutely you have to pull the plug on this. Part of being a coach is retaining players through their eligibility. Come on, do you want to be a young team every year? I don't, I want the kids to commit to Iowa, play and develop and finish their careers in a Hawkeye uniform.
Lick has got to be let go if even 1 starter off this team leaves!

Lick recruited Brommer. If Brommer leaves,it is on Lick. Tucker was recruited by Lick. He leaves. When will this end?

Lick recruited Brommer. If Brommer leaves,it is on Lick. Tucker was recruited by Lick. He leaves. When will this end?

Tucker is on Lick, ONLY because he came to play for Lick.

AT's drinking exploits are not on Lick. Just like Pierre Pierce's initial problem(s) were NOT on Alford, and that is part of the reason why they were given 2nd chances.

Fool me once....

But, I agree with you that there is a pattern that has formed.

Latest posts