When can we buy tickets?

rjbaustian

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale? Last year I took my boy who was 4 and he LOVED it. Hes asked to go to a few more meets this year, and starts little kids wrestling as a 5 yr old. He so fricken excited about wrestling and I love it. ok, enough bragging about my boy, sorry, a proud dad here. So anyway, anyone know anything? Season is just over a month away...

And the five old is free to all of the most of the meets. I would assume that a ticket will be required for the big meets listed above.

thanks guys....i dont know how i missed the page that says when they go on sale.....i didnt know he was free, hes so excited which in turn has me excited...

Here is the promotional information. We juggled that when our boys were under 5, now that they are a little older, we just get 4 season tickets so that we always have our seats. Glad to see that you have an excited little wrestler. Have a great season and enjoy Iowa Wrestling together.

2012-2013 Iowa Wrestling Promotional Schedule

Ticket Types and Prices, 2012-13
General Public Season Ticket: $85
UI Faculty/Staff Season Ticket: $68
UI Student Season Ticket: Free admission, present UI Student ID at entrance (will need to obtain a physical ticket for the Iowa State, Ohio State and Penn State meets)
Individual Meet Price – Adults – Iowa State, Ohio State, Penn State: $15
Individual Meet Price – Adults – IC Duals, Lehigh, Purdue, Nebraska, Edinboro: $12
Individual Meet Price – Youth: $8
Individual Meet Price – Five and under – Iowa State, Ohio State, Penn State: $2
Individual Meet Price – Five and under – IC Duals, Lehigh, Purdue, Nebraska, Edinboro: FREE
Junior Hawk Club Members: Free Admission (except Iowa State, Ohio State and Penn State – JHC Members will need to purchase a ticket for these three meets)

I totally agree with the prices. I was going to get a pair, but I broke my leg and will be unable to work for 3 months, so we are going to just get to a few meets to save money this year. I looked over his little kids wrestling sheet lastnight and its 2-3 night of practice per week and then tournaments on the weekends. I think we are going to not do many, if any tournaments this year. I dont want to jump into this so hard at 5 yrs old. may be a little much. But he asks to watch hawkeye wrestling videos every day on youtube. Last night we had a serious talk about it(as serious as you can be with a 5 yr old anyway) because he told me he wants to wrestle in the NCAA's.... and I told him how hard it is to be a wrestler, and to compete at that level. He told me as serious as ive ever seen him that hes willing to do that. haha now, hes 5.....but, I like his drive so far. I was an average wrestler at best, but Ive got a lot of family that were state placers, and wrestled in college, a few that are high school coaches still today. So, hes got the backround anyway. Im just so excited that he really seems to love it, the challenge will be for me to not screw it up and push him too hard and ruin that.....

rjbaustian it is a fine line specially at that age not burning your kid out. some kids get it and some just get burnt out

Latest posts