When Barta hired Lick, when did we know?

papathawki

I can't remember how much advance notice we had. Just like now, I remember lots of conjecture. People were tracking his flights etc. but with how much success? How much "inside" information turned out to be accurate? And were there as many people who thought it "funny" to post "breaking news" that was totally false?

IIRC - Very little.

Most didn't even mention Lick until just prior to the press conference. Not even sure anyone had his name "in the mix".

Lickliter came from left field, he wasn't on many lists.
Most people (read A LOT) had no idea until right up to the PC.

It was about like it is now, as far as names being thrown around. It was F4 weekend when we caught the plane heading from Atlanta to Indy then to IC. So the Butler connection was established then.

Lickliter was on Most site's hot boards from the very beginning. A lot of people were posting that he would be a great hire.

I think he was introduced the day after the championship game. Word got out about his hiring the night before when they tracked the plane. I don't recall his name ever being among those that was the "candidate of the day" on the message boards.

Lickliter came from left field, he wasn't on many lists.
Most people (read A LOT) had no idea until right up to the PC.

Then those people are idiots. It was leaked out and confirmed via basically every media outlet right before and during the national championship game. The press conference was the next afternoon.

Then those people are idiots. It was leaked out and confirmed via basically every media outlet right before and during the national championship game. The press conference was the next afternoon.

So the people "in the know" knew... within hours. In other words, you're confirming what everyone else has said - that no one knew crap and no one knew Lick was the guy until the last minute.

So the people "in the know" knew... within hours. In other words, you're confirming what everyone else has said - that no one knew crap and no one knew Lick was the guy until the last minute.

I don't consider 20 hours to be "right up until the PC". That was when it was made public. It was confirmed on the boards that afternoon.

Latest posts