When are the coaches going to be held accountable for anything?

Consistently successful coach forced out because of spoiled disenchanted fan base followed by many years of suckage and eventual destruction of entire program............. what is stupid about the Tom Davis reference?

Many years of suckage...His first four years as coach and his last four we're roughly the exact same amount of success when averaged out. He had the stellar season his first year where he went to the Elite 8.

The destruction you're alluding to is what the Iowa fan base is now wishing for once again.

Consistently successful coach forced out because of spoiled disenchanted fan base followed by many years of suckage and eventual destruction of entire program............. what is stupid about the Tom Davis reference?

1. Ancient history now.

2. That horse has been beaten to death.

3. When a coach leaves it doesn't automatically mean his successor will suck.

4. Define successful. Big 10 titles? Zero. Final Fours? Zero. Elite Eight? One...with Raveling's recruits. Other than his final year, Davis' record down the stretch wasn't exactly Top 10 material.

5. Playing golf was more important to him than meeting recruits.

I don't know a single Iowa fan that isn't at the very least questioning this staff & KF.

Gary Dolphin himself can't even muster up something that ridiculous.
who you "know", lol. Of course fans question the coach, just like every fan base for everyteam, everywhere, even those who win championships.

...carry on....

Why instead of screaming the sky is falling, that Iowa supporters feel it is necessary to scream he is being paid to much!. Ok maybe he should leave and let Barta find show one else to come coach for much less and produce the same. I am sorry,the going price for Kirk is his salary and I just want to say, I ok with that....

I have some concerns as to the direction of the football program - but I really don't get caught up in how much money Kirk makes.

I just want to compete for big ten titles.

most of these posters crying about the last few years are not old enough to remember how bad it really was in the 60's and 70's
most of the big donors are old enough to remember, and these last few years are like we are in heavon compared to those years, the classes are getting better, we are about to get a new DC as i doubt it will be Parker as i doubt they would have extended the posting if Parker was getting the job

most of these posters crying about the last few years are not old enough to remember how bad it really was in the 60's and 70's
most of the big donors are old enough to remember, and these last few years are like we are in heavon compared to those years, the classes are getting better, we are about to get a new DC as i doubt it will be Parker as i doubt they would have extended the posting if Parker was getting the job

This is getting about as old as the Kirk makes too much routine........

maybe it is getting old, but its the truth
awhile back there was a report on how much the team made each home games, tickets, concession, and other thing related to the games and it was figured the University made over $5 million per home game with the major expense being the guarentee paid to the visiting team
lets face it the all mighty dollar rules, as long as the stadium is full KF will be the coach and will continue to get what he gets for a salary.
do you really think the University or Regents really care about what a few internet posters or a few clueless fans think
this team is not going downhill much longer, hopefully we get a DC from outside the program.
this recruiting class as the chance to be top 30, with 6-7 4* recruits by Rivals or 7-8 4* on ESPN

Comparisons to the teams of the 60's and 70's are so irrelevant. Again, I don't think we need to get rid of Ferentz, but if they keep underachieving and losing players at a higher rate than other Big 10 schools (which they are), then something needs to happen. Ferentz has done a great job, but with the facilities, fan base, and ability and willingness of the school to pay a coach top 5 money for mediocre results, we certainly would not have any problem finding another top notch coach. As with other previous arguments, when we typically play 4 non conference home games against awful teams as well as getting to play Indiana, Minnesota, etc every yr, winning 7 games should not be the measuring stick of a good program, because it isnt that tough to do with the teams we play.

Latest posts