When are the coaches going to be held accountable for anything?

At present, the fans are cheering for the uniform, not the players inside the uniform. Iowa fans have been known for that for a long time. It helps when there aren't many (any) other other options. It won't last forever, but they've got a few years of good will to get through before that reserve tank dries up.

Thats true, but "those" fans (based on 20 years of dreck) aren't leaving on the heels of 10 straight 7-5 seasons! Iowa is a bullish company to use a bussiness term.

The coaches will be held accountable once the critical mass of those that want KF out is reached. With what is on the horizon, it likely won't be long.

Another thread complaining about the coach's salary, and accountability. Shocking. cjbucks said it best. If fans decide not to show up on Saturdays, things will change

The coaches will be held accountable once the critical mass of those that want KF out is reached. With what is on the horizon, it likely won't be long.

Lets keep in mind, that is still a very, very small minority despite what I know you hope!!!! Thankfully too I might add!

KF's record at Iowa : 3 years 7 or fewer wins, 3 years 8 or more wins. When that trend changes either way we might stop having this topic pop up every few years.

Lets keep in mind, that is still a very, very small minority despite what I know you hope!!!! Thankfully too I might add!

I don't know a single Iowa fan that isn't at the very least questioning this staff & KF.

Gary Dolphin himself can't even muster up something that ridiculous.

I don't know a single Iowa fan that isn't at the very least questioning this staff & KF.

Oh the ole……I don't know a single Iowa fan comment....yep that seals it. As for Gary Dolphin, you do realize that tweet thread the other day wasn't really Gary right?!?!?! And actually you know a lot of Iowa fans on here that don't share your opinion.

When the stands quit being full and it would take many, many, many seasons of subpar football for that to happen….then and only then would we have a problem. I’m sorry that doesn’t line up with your hopes, but the Iowa fans “you know” don’t carry much clout!

People of like minds tend to flock together, you do realize that right?!?!

Last edited:
Careful what you wish for. I now can only dream of the days when Iowa had Tom Davis. However, that is ALOT of cheese, and would like to see IA take it to the next level just once.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that everyone you know is removed from reality.

This thread actually went a bit before the old, "Tom Davis" curse once again reared its ugly head.

KF truly does have it made...

name the last iowa football staff who has had 4 top 8 final rankings during their tenure.

hint: Fry didn't have 1. Not 1.

Hey Kirk and his staff really used great defense to earn those rankings back in the early 2000's - It was probably the best stretch of Iowa football ever.

Unfortunatley in the last eight years we have only been ranked in the top 20 twice.

so yeah those were great times but the current trend is different.

Kirk has done great things here but latley has been not nearly as successful.

I hope he can turn it around again - but historically if you look at Hayden's decline I have a feeling this trends is only going to continue.

I also like how you conviently used "top 8" instead of "top 10" I SEE WHAT U DID THERE

Last edited:
Before starting a thread with "I don't understand" one should first consult someone who does to avoid (as the infomercial for the gold coin says) "future regret and disappointment."

I feel like this post and then the argument that follows happens every day on here. Granted it's the off season now but still.

Careful what you wish for. I now can only dream of the days when Iowa had Tom Davis. However, that is ALOT of cheese, and would like to see IA take it to the next level just once.

Can we stop with the stupid Tom Davis reference. Get over it.

The Iowa football program has been on a steady downward trend since 2005, that is a fact. Yes, there was a "spike" with the Orange Bowl year, but most every other year since '05 has been underachieving or a disappointment (or both).

Can we stop with the stupid Tom Davis reference. Get over it.

The Iowa football program has been on a steady downward trend since 2005, that is a fact. Yes, there was a "spike" with the Orange Bowl year, but most every other year since '05 has been underachieving or a disappointment (or both).

Consistently successful coach forced out because of spoiled disenchanted fan base followed by many years of suckage and eventual destruction of entire program............. what is stupid about the Tom Davis reference?

Latest posts