What's with Uhl?

glidinghawk

Over the past 2 months, it seems Uhl has been an invisible, non-contributing player. When he does get on the floor, he just dribbles around a little, sometimes stationary while bouncing the ball, sometimes drives the lane, then stops and dishes outside. Wastes a lot of time, never looking for a shot, never getting aggressive in driving to the hoop. He looks very tentative after making significant contributions at times in his first two years. He got 4 minutes today. I think I'd rather see more of Jones in the BTT than Dominique. At least there would be an upgrade in confidence.

I guess he has hit his ceiling as far as improvement. There really hasn't been any since he's been at Iowa.
He's a decent enough defender, but does little else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Uhl uses his redshirt to transfer. Also, wouldn't be surprised if either Dailey or Williams transfer.

He doesnt play inside on offense and with his 3 pt shot off he is not adding to the offense. He is still a decent above avg defender. too many good shooters and scorers on this team right now

The guy has no fire. He mopes around like a high school emo kid.

What I've heard from a couple people is that he's not super tight with most of the rest of the team. Can I prove that? Absolutely not so don't ask me to. But I was down low at the NW football game where they brought the basketball team out, and while everyone else (and I mean everyone else) was smiling and having a good time goofing off, he just stood off by himself staring at the ground with his hands in his pockets. He just looks like he doesn't want to be there. Carver-Hawkeye included.

I wouldn't be surprised if Uhl uses his redshirt to transfer. Also, wouldn't be surprised if either Dailey or Williams transfer.

I want CW to come back. If CW leaves is it Conner and Ellingson that are JB's backup at the point?

It's a good question and I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out. The first half of last season, he was playing great. Knocking down open shots and driving to the hoop. He started missing shots and he has been MIA ever since.

I don't see any reason Williams would transfer. He has basically no competition for the backup point guard role, and with Jok leaving Bohannon could be moved to the 2 allowing Williams to start.

I don't see any reason Williams would transfer. He has basically no competition for the backup point guard role, and with Jok leaving Bohannon could be moved to the 2 allowing Williams to start.

Will CW be happy with his role?

Hell, pretty soon Uhl will be sitting with Ogles-three behind the bench, that's how non-existent he's become....no fire, no rythymn....

He is a great ball handler for his size and an excellent defender. Wish he had more confidence. wondering if something else personal is going on we don't know about? I doubt he is going to transfer as he is very excited about the summer tour where Iowa will be going to Germany and visiting his home town.

Another thread about the guy who played 4 minutes. He's behind Cook, Pemsl, Baer, and Wagner right now.

I can't understand why everyone is so interested in what he's doing, especially with the strong play of others. As I said in another thread, must be the hair. That or people just like being negative.

I like Uhl. Just getting 'passed' by a few teammates. CW at point and JB at the 2 is our future! Saw a little of that late yesterday.

Dale Jones... Gone
Dom Uhl..... 60% gone
Maishe Dailey 50/50
Christian Williams... Hopefully stays 50/50
Isaiah Moss... Probably Stays. Deserves more playing time over Ellingson
Wagner..Football, Kriener?... Ellingson.. probably getting old to transfer

I like most of these guys. With that said, I could see up to 4 transfer out.

I've never cared for Uhl's game or thought he was a good fit here. Sometimes when a kid seems aloof it's not because he doesn't want to fit in but more of a reflection on how he was raised. He may not know how he feels about himself. Maybe he was ridiculed for growing tall early on. Certainly growing up in a dysfunctional home creates that. Some act out and have anger issues. Some who grow up in a shame based environment are unsure about everything they do. He might not have confidence in anything he does.

Latest posts