What's with the new logo?

yeah I felt the last logo didn't resemble Herky or Iowa enough and looked too cartooney. I'm pleased with the new one, and would buy a t-shirt at the 14.99 spot with that.

Iowa didn't see it that way ;)

We could have kept the original logo sans any commercial plans, and I am always going to be a bit sentimental towards it, but there are some things we are looking to do where Iowa was going to possibly raise some trademark questions.

This, along with the fact that we are going to be 'rebooting' the site later on in 2013 (plan is to redsign the site using reactive design, so the pages fit and adapt to whatever device you are using), we felt it was time for a change.

Not hatin' on the new logo, but it kind of feels like I've lost an old friend.

Glad I had saved a copy of the old logo for nostalgia.

Stupid University logo police.

I understand getting mad at another university using a similar logo, but sometimes they go too far.

I like the new logo. But the old logo made sense--Hawk head and the nation.

Mine is switching back and forth. I saw the new one earlier, then the old one. I refreshed again and the new one is back.

If you are seeing the old logo, your computer is using a cached image. Try holding down the alt or option key, then clicking the refresh button.

Can you post a pic of it somewhere for ol' times sake?

Thank goodness I have my 2009 outback bowl hat Jon! Maybe wear it at the game today and see what the U thinks of that!

Can you post a pic of it somewhere for ol' times sake?

Thank goodness I have my 2009 outback bowl hat Jon! Maybe wear it at the game today and see what the U thinks of that!

resize.php

I will upload larger images of the old logo and folks can download if they want. Of course, to be used for non commercial purposes only

The new logo looks very professional. I suppose only Golfer and OK4P can post on here now.

Prole out!

When the old logo was there, my two-year-old son would always point to it and say "Hawkeyes!" whenever I visited the page. Since the change, he says nothing and is clearly uninterested in the site. Clearly this change has been devastating to the site's brand identity in the toddler demographic.

Latest posts