Whats Next For Lebron?

Just a guess but I'm pretty sure another star who's career is coming to an end would be more than happy to take the $6 million MLE in exchange for the chance to play next to Wade and Lebron. You're obviously a Bulls fan so you know that a team can win championships with 2 stars a rebounder and a roster of basically roll players.

Just my two cents here but I would much rather be playing along side Wade and Beasley than Rose and Noah.

I don't mind the Bulls, but I wouldn't say I'm a Bulls fan, don't really have a fav NBA team. Obviously Wade is one of the top five players in the league but Beasley isn't good. The kid was a beast in college, but he has struggled in the NBA and also seems kind of unstable mentally. You're right that they would be able to get guys to come play with LeBron and Wade for less money in exchange for a ring, but I don't think they could get a big guy as good as Noah with the cap room they will have left.

The two teams which will probably be LeBron's main competition for a title wherever he goes, the Magic and the Lakers, both have dominant big men and quality back up bigs too. If he signs with the Bulls, you have a poor man's version of Wade in Derrick Rose plus a quality rebounder/defender/passer in Noah and if you can pull of a sign and trade with Deng or Hinrich they would have enough money to make a run at Bosh or Amare. Either way I think the NBA will look very different next season.

I don't mind the Bulls, but I wouldn't say I'm a Bulls fan, don't really have a fav NBA team. Obviously Wade is one of the top five players in the league but Beasley isn't good. The kid was a beast in college, but he has struggled in the NBA and also seems kind of unstable mentally. You're right that they would be able to get guys to come play with LeBron and Wade for less money in exchange for a ring, but I don't think they could get a big guy as good as Noah with the cap room they will have left.

The two teams which will probably be LeBron's main competition for a title wherever he goes, the Magic and the Lakers, both have dominant big men and quality back up bigs too. If he signs with the Bulls, you have a poor man's version of Wade in Derrick Rose plus a quality rebounder/defender/passer in Noah and if you can pull of a sign and trade with Deng or Hinrich they would have enough money to make a run at Bosh or Amare. Either way I think the NBA will look very different next season.
Again, as someone who watched MJ and Pippen win championships you have to understand that you don't need a dominant big man to win in the NBA if you have 2 guys like Wade and James. MJ won with Will Perdue, Wennington, Cartwright, Scott Williams. Then again he did have Grant and Rodman but you don't need a Horace Grant when you have Lebron helping you rebound.

Don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to say that this is likely and I'm not trying to gaurantee that Wade and James would win a bunch of championships but none of the other teams that can afford Lebron can come close to a gaurantee either.

That last thing I will say is that Lebron wants to be a Billionaire. No state income tax in Florida would help him get to that goal a little faster.

Don't dismiss the sign and trade deal with Denver talk

I've heard nothing of this but I highly doubt Ferry wants to be the guy that trades Lebron away. I think they would rather let Lebron leave on his own and take the combines $40 million that they would have been paying Shaq and Lebron and go into free agency with a ton of space under the cap after next season. Then again who really wants to play in Cleveland if Lebron isn't there?

I've heard nothing of this but I highly doubt Ferry wants to be the guy that trades Lebron away. I think they would rather let Lebron leave on his own and take the combines $40 million that they would have been paying Shaq and Lebron and go into free agency with a ton of space under the cap after next season. Then again who really wants to play in Cleveland if Lebron isn't there?

Well now you've heard it, cuz I just totally made that up. This is my vision, the Cavs sign LJ for a max deal, then trade him to Denver for Melo, Kmart, and JR Smith. LJ will be playing with a real point guard for once and have an improving big man that is not 80 years old.

Yeah, your last sentence is the key. With LeBron gone, Cleveland isn't going to be attracting top level free agent candidates, so a sign and trade might be Ferry's best option to get at least some talent back in return.

Well now you've heard it, cuz I just totally made that up. This is my vision, the Cavs sign LJ for a max deal, then trade him to Denver for Melo, Kmart, and JR Smith. LJ will be playing with a real point guard for once and have an improving big man that is not 80 years old.

Who's the real point guard? A washed up Chauncey Billups?

Again, as someone who watched MJ and Pippen win championships you have to understand that you don't need a dominant big man to win in the NBA if you have 2 guys like Wade and James. MJ won with Will Perdue, Wennington, Cartwright, Scott Williams. Then again he did have Grant and Rodman but you don't need a Horace Grant when you have Lebron helping you rebound.

Don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to say that this is likely and I'm not trying to gaurantee that Wade and James would win a bunch of championships but none of the other teams that can afford Lebron can come close to a gaurantee either.

That last thing I will say is that Lebron wants to be a Billionaire. No state income tax in Florida would help him get to that goal a little faster.

Rodman was one of the greatest defenders and rebounders in NBA history, Grant was also a very, very good rebounder and the perfect guy for that team since he didn't need to have plays run for him, he just relied on put backs and hit open jumpers when Pippen and Jordan kicked it out. Both Pippen and Jordan were excellent rebounders for their position like LeBron is, but they still needed a very solid big guy on all those teams. They also had some luck on their side, never running into a true dominant center who could exploit their weakness like Hakeem or David Robinson in the finals, and they only ran into Shaq once and that was during their 72 win season when there was no way in hell anyone was beating that team.

Also, neither Wade or Lebron has shown the killer instinct that Jordan had. Do you think Jordan ever misses the playoffs in his prime like Wade did, or basically gives up like Lebron in Game 5?

Billups just had the best scoring reason of his career and 5.6 assists. He's still a few years away from being washed up.

You're right, washed up might be a little harsh, but he got destroyed by Deron Williams in the first round, and he's becoming a defensive liabilty although he can still shoot.

If he wants to play with a real PG and a big man in the Northwest division he'd be better of going to the Jazz...Sign and trade w/ Kirilinko and Knicks 1st rounder (depending on the lottery top 10 pick at worst) this year going to Cavs. Jazz starting lineup would be PG-DWill, SG-Matthews, SF-LeBron, PF-Millsap/Okur, C-Okur/Fesenko. The other problem with your hypothetical is too much salary is going to Cleveland with those 3 being traded for only LeBron. Would be almost $40M going to Cleveland and only $18-20M going to Cleveland.

Rodman was one of the greatest defenders and rebounders in NBA history, Grant was also a very, very good rebounder and the perfect guy for that team since he didn't need to have plays run for him, he just relied on put backs and hit open jumpers when Pippen and Jordan kicked it out. Both Pippen and Jordan were excellent rebounders for their position like LeBron is, but they still needed a very solid big guy on all those teams. They also had some luck on their side, never running into a true dominant center who could exploit their weakness like Hakeem or David Robinson in the finals, and they only ran into Shaq once and that was during their 72 win season when there was no way in hell anyone was beating that team.

Also, neither Wade or Lebron has shown the killer instinct that Jordan had. Do you think Jordan ever misses the playoffs in his prime like Wade did, or basically gives up like Lebron in Game 5?

I agree with alot of what you said but I also think you can get guys that are willing to play tough D and rebound at a bargain price. And you can't compare anyone to Jordan when it comes to finishing a game but its also hard to forget Wade willing Miami to the championship against the Mavs.

Rose, Rondo, D.Williams, Nash, and (can I count) Wade? I am not involved, just having fun. Billups is still solid, but on the downside of his career. He would be a good match with LeBron for a few years because he doesn't have the ball as much as the other PGs.

If he wants to play with a real PG and a big man in the Northwest division he'd be better of going to the Jazz...Sign and trade w/ Kirilinko and Knicks 1st rounder (depending on the lottery top 10 pick at worst) this year going to Cavs. Jazz starting lineup would be PG-DWill, SG-Matthews, SF-LeBron, PF-Millsap/Okur, C-Okur/Fesenko. The other problem with your hypothetical is too much salary is going to Cleveland with those 3 being traded for only LeBron. Would be almost $40M going to Cleveland and only $18-20M going to Cleveland.

The day that LJ goes to the Jazz is the day I will convert to Mormonism.

I wouldn't say that Rose and Rondo are better than Billups at this point, about the same. and Paul barely made it through half of the season so I wouldn't say he had a better year either.

You wouldn't say Rondo is better? Rondo is probably the best defensive point guard in the league, he can get to the hole on anybody, he's the best rebounding point guard, he's a much better passer, he just broke the celtics single season assist record. The only thing Billups does better is shoot threes. Rose is also a better scorer and at least as good at Billups is at creating shots for others. Billups is more of a spot up shooter than a creating point guard, a lot of his assists are just post entry passes to Melo. I'd also take Westbrook and Tyreke Evans over Billups.