What's it going to take to dance?

WhitUp

11-7 in the big ten maybe? Win one in the big ten tourny, maybe two? Looking at our schedule it doesn't look impossible. What's the mark everyone think we would need to hit to be on the bubble?

It is somewhat possible thought we'd have to be on top of our game pretty much every night. If we got to 20 wins which is possible but not likely, we'd have a strong case as this conference is tough.

We have some bad losses though.

The way I see us getting to 20 is sweep NW, Penn State and Nebraska, beat Wisconsin and Minnesota at home and upset Illinois on the road. It's doable and until we lose one of those games I'm giving us a chance.

We could definitely be NIT bound this year though which would be great too.

i can see nit. our bad losses will keep us out unless we can make up with it by some huge wins with wins in the close ones. if we can end really strong and make a run in the b10 tourney it could happen. hoping for at least nit though.

11-7 and we are probably on the bubble. It really depends, last year the bubble was really weak. Win a game in the BTT and you probably sneak in at 20-13 (12-8 Big Ten).

Prior to today our RPI was 123. Need to get in the top 50ish to have a chance.

Having this conversation and considering this though is something I missed. Even if it's only about 2% likely.

We also have 3 RPI top 50 wins already. 6 of our 8 losses were to teams in the RPI top 52. I can't stress how important those wins vs. Minnesota and Wisconsin will be if we are on the bubble.

If Drake, and Boise State can get into the RPI top 100 that would help immensely.

That stupid cambell game freaking kills us, but everyone seems to agree the big ten is the best conference in college basketball. So 11-7 in the best conference got to at least get us in the discussion.

That stupid cambell game freaking kills us, but everyone seems to agree the big ten is the best conference in college basketball. So 11-7 in the best conference got to at least get us in the discussion.

The Campbell game was bad but I think the multiple 30+ point blowouts are just as bad.

For sure.
If Iowa is somehow in the position of getting 10 or 11 wins in conf (that in itself would be amazing) - they will most definitely need to win at least 1 or 2 in the tourney.

18 overall wins with the soft non-conf will not be enough.

Depending on who we beat the rest of the way, it could be. We'd probably need 11 wins though. Gotta win against the cellar dwellers, then knock off Purdue and maybe Illinois (big long shot).

Some of you really need to scale back your expectations. There's NO WAY we get into the dance with our out of conference schedule. A realistic hope would be the NIT.

The Campbell game was bad but I think the multiple 30+ point blowouts are just as bad.
One was on the road to a Top 10 RPI team. The other was at home to a Top 10 RPI team. Those losses aren't as bad as losing at home to a Top 150+ RPI team.

MOV isn't nearly as important as who you beat/lose to and if its at home or away.

We are a LONG way from 11-7. I say we'll most likely have to resort to the "Alford method" (winning the BTT).

Some of you really need to scale back your expectations. There's NO WAY we get into the dance with our out of conference schedule. A realistic hope would be the NIT.

Not one person said they expected it. Sports are fun. Speculating the NCAA tournament is fun. Whining about other people doing so is not fun.

Latest posts