What'd be worse?

But is it solely about football at this point. Like I said and we all know where I'm going with this. Gamedays are sacred in Iowa City from the stadium environment to the tailgating and our fanbase in general. I understand from a recruiting standpoint getting players into the NFL is huge, but has that really been a key to our success. I mean we've seen numerous threads indicating that there's year where despite having NFL talent on the line our OLine's have struggled. So I guess my question would be if we stop bringing in high caliber players and are no longer an NFL pipeline, does that impact the product enough to drive fans away and hurt revenue.

Like I said in the previous post, Tori Taylor has become one of the most popular players on the team and I'm a fan, don't get me wrong, but would our infatuation with a punter change if our offense wasn't a joke? I mean think about it our offense falters and we're cheering for the opportunity to give the ball back to the opponent while pinning them deep. I'm a fan, but I'm not sure punters should ever be fan favorites for the sole reason of I don't want to see them that often, let alone depend on him to win games.
I view it as kind of a side joke to us and a bit of respite because our offense is so bad. It's a side joke to make light of our situation, IMO.

But, Taylor is really really good!

That game needs to be like 13-0 OSU.

Keep our defense happy (kinda) and relevant, and let the narrative be that Brian Ferentz sucks so fucking bad that his offense couldn't beat an OSU team held to 13 points at home. Let the narrative be that the Hawks had the ultimate chance to beat Ryan Day in the belly of the B1G the mothership because the Hawks D held them to a TD and 2 field goals, but Brian sucks so fucking bad that he couldn't nut up and muster a single point. Let the shit rain down on him.

But whatever happens, do not win this game.

Remember when our defense forced 4 turnovers, scored 2 TDs themselves, and we lost by 21 because our offense gained 5 1st downs and 66 yards for the entire game?

At the time we could say, "BF is learning on the job, wait until he gets his feet under him." Coming off the OSU blowout, we were all eager to give him the benefit of the doubt. But let's face it, that was the reddest of flags that he wasn't built for this.

I think no matter what happens the stands will be mostly full next year because people are going to want to see what happens with a brand new QB. If things go south right outta the gate you're going to see the fairweather fans and some of the salty season ticket holders leaving en masse (which is a BIG chunk of the total).

What REALLY would suck is winning at OSU. We absolutely have to lose that game and just rip the band aid off. Winning that game would give Brian ammo and make the people who don't know what they're talking about think maybe he's got what it takes.

I repeat...

We cannot win that goddamned game. No matter what. It cannot happen or that one single game will cement BF for longer than what we want to even think about.
Relax...I have a better chance of a 3 way with Lily and Beth Mowins than the Hawks winning this game.

I think no matter what happens the stands will be mostly full next year because people are going to want to see what happens with a brand new QB. If things go south right outta the gate you're going to see the fairweather fans and some of the salty season ticket holders leaving en masse (which is a BIG chunk of the total).

What REALLY would suck is winning at OSU. We absolutely have to lose that game and just rip the band aid off. Winning that game would give Brian ammo and make the people who don't know what they're talking about think maybe he's got what it takes.

I repeat...

We cannot win that goddamned game. No matter what. It cannot happen or that one single game will cement BF for longer than what we want to even think about.
You said exactly what I was thinking- but to go even further...We cannot win the West. Hate to say it but we could definitely win out (after OSU) with how weak the West is. Unlikely but by no means impossible.

I just don't see it this time because our O-line is such just shit. The only freaking chance they have to win is if KF just flung his arms up in the air and let Brian do his own thing and have fun calling the game, which may be similar to what they did when they beat OSU so bad in Kinnick.

I have stated after that, that it looked like they just threw the usual book out and let them play wild. It was so un-Iowa that game but was fun as hell to watch. That is the only chance Iowa has this game. Call random un-predictable plays and let the boys play.

Again, with that o-line, I just don't see a win though.
So unKirk like I felt it wasn't his game plan.

I repeat...

I get your point, but sign me up for a win over OSU. This is going to be a Quik Lane bowl, Mayo Bowl type season, then I want the "shock the world" moment. Give me 2017 all over again. If Kirk has to replace his son, it will be with someone like Mark Whipple anyway, so let me have my fun now.:)

I get your point, but sign me up for a win over OSU. This is going to be a Quik Lane bowl, Mayo Bowl type season, then I want the "shock the world" moment. Give me 2017 all over again. If Kirk has to replace his son, it will be with someone like Mark Whipple anyway, so let me have my fun now.:)
Eff that. We don’t need anything that will slow the momentum behind Brian’s exit from the OC position.

That game needs to be like 13-0 OSU.

Keep our defense happy (kinda) and relevant, and let the narrative be that Brian Ferentz sucks so fucking bad that his offense couldn't beat an OSU team held to 13 points at home. Let the narrative be that the Hawks had the ultimate chance to beat Ryan Day in the belly of the B1G the mothership because the Hawks D held them to a TD and 2 field goals, but Brian sucks so fucking bad that he couldn't nut up and muster a single point. Let the shit rain down on him.

But whatever happens, do not win this game.
I have a better chance at starting for the Lakers next year than Iowa winning at OSU. (former wrestler here.)

Latest posts