Whatcha gonna do...when Thug Ball comes for you.

WinOneThisCentury

Izzo is going to try and dirty this thing up on Thursday. You watch...MSU comes out playing extremely physical trying to get a baseline of physical play established. It's what Izzo always does to Iowa. He gets the game down in the mud and slop...and makes it so officials can't call fouls ALL the time...it would be a four hour game.

Here is the thing though...MSU doesn't have the bigs that can be physical with Garza. They have no answer down low. Garza is going to exact some payback for last year in East Lansing. You watch though...they will be grabbing and pushing and making it hard for our back court to do anything. That's their only hope in this game.

Rutgers, Maryland and Minnesota all tried this tactic...didn’t work. We have too many good shooters and Garza just plays through it. And it’s starting to look like MSU truly is down this year.

I just hope they mess up the line again. Betting on Iowa is very profitable.

I agree that'll be what they do. We still have Garza. As long as he doesn't get in foul trouble himself we should take care of em. They aren't what they usually are. I hope Fran is working the refs pregame and throughout it. Garza is getting some Shaq like treatment out there and he's not getting as many trips to the FT line as he should.

They are the same old Sparty on defense but not on offense. They seem to have long dry spells where they can't score and that is what has gotten them into trouble this year. They lead Purdue practically the whole game and then lost the game at the very end in a game that ended with both teams scoring in the 50's. They lead at halftime 31-16. No way they should have lost that game. Aaron Henry is just about the only real threat on offense. If we play decent defense, we win this game.

Izzo is going to try and dirty this thing up on Thursday. You watch...MSU comes out playing extremely physical trying to get a baseline of physical play established. It's what Izzo always does to Iowa. He gets the game down in the mud and slop...and makes it so officials can't call fouls ALL the time...it would be a four hour game.

Here is the thing though...MSU doesn't have the bigs that can be physical with Garza. They have no answer down low. Garza is going to exact some payback for last year in East Lansing. You watch though...they will be grabbing and pushing and making it hard for our back court to do anything. That's their only hope in this game.
Ed Horton? Or Matt Roth? Or AW? Hawks Win....

I've read three articles that say Izzo is trying to get the team to play Michigan State basketball...defense, rebounding, and ball movement and patience on offense. That should tell you all you need to know about the game thursday...listed #1 is always the grab, hold, push, hand check and see what you can get away with. I hate playing MSU...especially when they are struggling. Izzo ratchets up the physicality.

The good news...this isn't a big physical team...down low especially.

They are the same old Sparty on defense but not on offense. They seem to have long dry spells where they can't score and that is what has gotten them into trouble this year. They lead Purdue practically the whole game and then lost the game at the very end in a game that ended with both teams scoring in the 50's. They lead at halftime 31-16. No way they should have lost that game. Aaron Henry is just about the only real threat on offense. If we play decent defense, we win this game.
Yes, their defense is VERY GOOD.

Rutgers got away with a very physical brand of ball, with a lot of pushing, holding, hacking. Not like this team hasn’t faced that already. The X factor will be whether Izzo is able to work the refs enough early to let Sparty pull that crap the rest of the way.

If Fran gets his mad face on and our long-range shots are falling we’ll be OK.