What X and O changes do you want to see going forward?

uihawk82

For the bowl game and next season I want to see:

1. More straight ahead between the tackles running, maybe with some Oline trapping, to set up the outside zone.
1A. If # 1 is working in the run game between the tackles then have the QB under center more to run really good play action.
2. Run the outside zone with some RBs who can cut it back or dont run much of it at all. Let the back break it outside if that is what is open.
3. I would like to see the best combination of athleticism and knowledge at the safety spots.
4. I want to see us taking more shots downfield with the wideouts, scheming to get one on one coverage for this.
5. How about getting the TEs running those deeper sideline and hash routes to 20+ yards. Need to stretch the field.
Notice I want some more power and pizzaz in the offense as we all know we need it.
6. Bring an extra defensive rusher more often than not in run or pass blitz. I thought the way we almost had a 5-2 look against Wisky worked pretty well for the most part. Coaches had wide side linebacker on the LOS and holding the edge better.

What X and O's items you want to see?

The combination of scoring 7 more points or giving up 3-7 fewer points this past year turns in wins against ISU, Wisky, Nebby, and maybe Maryland. I think the defense does their job pretty well but in this day and age I think the offense needs to produce more.

It's more about the Jimmies and Joe's than the X's and O's. None of it matters without 1. Recruiting big ten talent, 2. Actually putting the most talented players on the field. Captain Clueless doesn't do either. Next year will be more of the same, actually more than likely, it will be worse than this year.

I think KF is going to blow our minds. He is going to change the meaning of X's and O's. The O's will now be called X's and (wait for it) the X's will now be O's. >mind officially blown< or most likely, as stated by Caddy, nothing will change and if change happens it will be for the worse.

I definitely agree we need better athletes, why do you think I started a thread about getting more athletic at the Safety position.

But I still say we had good enough talent this year that was just not used correctly especially on offense. We need more straight ahead power running and more play action passing with our talent. Coaching and strategy needs to be more coherent and agressive.

they try as much as they can to recruit well..

then kirk says we have a small margin for error...so ...then he runs an offense that is highly predictable - that requires perfect execution - that has little deception to it..and they wonder why its so hard to just get first downs much less explosive plays......and then there is the play selection and philosophy...which again requires perfect execution...and yet he says our margin for error is so small...

seems to me that they make it hard on themselves.

Latest posts