What will Kinnick be like for PSU?

bighawkeyedaddy

I can't imagine what the crowd is going to be like for this game. I would imagine no team is going to get as loud of a nasty entrance as Penn State will for this game. I am sure there will be plenty of interesting homemade shirts and signs around as well, I do not envy anyone who decides to wear blue and white to that game. And you have to think it is going to be like that for them everywhere they go.

I will be sitting right behind the PSU bench, and I will not boo. Why? Well, for starters, the current PSU players don't deserve it. Also, booing players, unless they've just faked an injury or hit someone in the head, is classless.

That doesn't mean I don't feel strongly about PSU. I think the BoneG should consider removing them from the conference, and that the NCAA should impose severe sanctions. Bare minimum, PSU should be invisible (no TV, bowls, etc) for quite awhile. They should also not get a dime from the BoneG.

I will be sitting right behind the PSU bench, and I will not boo. Why? Well, for starters, the current PSU players don't deserve it. Also, booing players, unless they've just faked an injury or hit someone in the head, is classless.

That doesn't mean I don't feel strongly about PSU. I think the BoneG should consider removing them from the conference, and that the NCAA should impose severe sanctions. Bare minimum, PSU should be invisible (no TV, bowls, etc) for quite awhile. They should also not get a dime from the BoneG.

Exactly. It's really too bad that they're going to suffer and get a lot of blow back for something that they had nothing to do with. Some people with low intelligence will not realize this and boo anyway though.

I could see a chorus of "SHAME...SHAME...SHAME" coming from the crowd as the PSU players(who chose to stay with the program so will get no sympathy from me) come out of the tunnel.

I can't imagine what the crowd is going to be like for this game. I would imagine no team is going to get as loud of a nasty entrance as Penn State will for this game. I am sure there will be plenty of interesting homemade shirts and signs around as well, I do not envy anyone who decides to wear blue and white to that game. And you have to think it is going to be like that for them everywhere they go.

I'd hope that we'd be courteous to them.

My initial reaction was that I'd boo psu throughout the game, with great enthusiasm, but now that I read the posts above, I'm not so sure.
I guess I'll just treat it as any other FB game. Meaning, I hope le Hawkeyes pound the schit out of them and send them home in humiliation.
That'd be the most satisfying result of the game.

My initial reaction was that I'd boo psu throughout the game, with great enthusiasm, but now that I read the posts above, I'm not so sure.
I guess I'll just treat it as any other FB game. Meaning, I hope le Hawkeyes pound the schit out of them and send them home in humiliation.
That'd be the most satisfying result of the game.

If we lose the game, count on the 403rd "Fire Ferentz" thread of the year.

Has anybody seen the 2013 commit list for Penn State? The high quality recruits they are getting seems like nothing ever happened at Penn State. Obviously the people in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (where most recruits are from) care very little about what happened at Penn State. Very few of the 2012 commits backed out and no one has left the football progam (to my knowledge). If you need any reminders on how the student body feels I am sure there are Youtube videos of the rallies at Paterno's house. The fact that people still support the legacy of Paterno and the Penn State football program really makes me sick.

So IMO the people that show up at another teams stadium to support their team along with the players deserve the shame. I hope every time their fans shout "We are Penn State" I hope the student body answers back "You are Pedo State".

First off, they'll get boo'd coming out of the tunnel; every visiting team gets boo'd coming out of the tunnel. I suspect it will be a little louder for PSU.

Second, as much as I hope it won't be, it will be ugly. Remember that the PSU game is the night game this year. After a day of drinking and the emotion people feel over this case start to take effect I can foresee some very bad things. "We are... Ped State" is only the tip of the iceberb.

I hope that Hawk fans can keep it respectful, I believe that Hawk fans as a whole can keep it respectful. But Kinnick on gameday can turn into a "mob mentality". One bad call in favor of PSU or a late or overly aggressive hit on a Hawkeye may be enough to incite the crowd.

I hope I'm wrong.

First off, they'll get boo'd coming out of the tunnel; every visiting team gets boo'd coming out of the tunnel. I suspect it will be a little louder for PSU.

Second, as much as I hope it won't be, it will be ugly. Remember that the PSU game is the night game this year. After a day of drinking and the emotion people feel over this case start to take effect I can foresee some very bad things. "We are... Ped State" is only the tip of the iceberb.

I hope that Hawk fans can keep it respectful, I believe that Hawk fans as a whole can keep it respectful. But Kinnick on gameday can turn into a "mob mentality". One bad call in favor of PSU or a late or overly aggressive hit on a Hawkeye may be enough to incite the crowd.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hey, look who it is! How you doing, Big Man? :)

If it was on Halloween I would go to the game as sexual harassment panda.
120px-SexualHarassmentPanda02.gif

Unless a PSU fan is dumb or drunk enough to run their mouth, I see no reason to treat them like garbage.

I agree though it will probably get ugly. As long as it doesn't go so far over the top that it makes news, I guess I don't care.

I'm guessing you wont see a whole lot of Navy and White at PSU away games this year.

Oh yes you will. You'll seen a ton of it. Most Pedo State fans have not gotten the message, apparently, based on the near-record fundraising for the first part of this year and the idiotic reaction defending Paterno following the release of yesterday's report.

Until there is a loud and clear "We're sorry" coming out of Happy Valley, PSU coaches, players and fans deserved to be shunned.