What was your first car?

I met my wife right after I got the first Jag, but it actually had the opposite effect. It made her reluctant to go out with me b/c she figured I was probably a pretentious pr!ck. Clearly, she was confusing Jag owners with BMW owners, but it all worked out okay.

As for the continental kit, that's just the extended bumper with the spare tire. My car was very similar to this one, only robin egg blue.

View attachment 10099

Lol. Nice dig!

1692126591521.png

Not really mine but assigned to me as hand me down. 1966 caprice. 396 4 barrel. very quick but lacked high end speed. took my girlfriend to the drive-in movie. we got close...windows fogged up. I said "do ya want to get in the back seat?" she said, "no, I'd rather stay up here with you"

My really first car was 1981 Plymouth Champ (same as Dodge Colt) black vinyl seats, AM radio, no A/C but I drove around with my windows up so people thought I had A/C. room for your ass and a gallon of gas.

View attachment 10223

Not really mine but assigned to me as hand me down. 1966 caprice. 396 4 barrel. very quick but lacked high end speed. took my girlfriend to the drive-in movie. we got close...windows fogged up. I said "do ya want to get in the back seat?" she said, "no, I'd rather stay up here with you"

My really first car was 1981 Plymouth Champ (same as Dodge Colt) black vinyl seats, AM radio, no A/C but I drove around with my windows up so people thought I had A/C. room for your ass and a gallon of gas.
That made me chuckle.

Latest posts