What was the message?

You have to realize that this board is some people's complete social life.

Wow, you know something, you just really opened my eyes. What am I doing? What am I doing? What am I doing?

All this time, I've been here. Making internet friends, having laffy time, and trolling the **** out of people. But for what? BUT FOR WHAT I ASK? Well, I know what I have to do, I have to get back to real life............................................I've got to go check my facebook profile!

I kind of agree with you here. When the team comes out flat to start a half, I don't think the blame is on the players, it's on the coaches.

Um, well, don't the players want to go out and not get their butt kicked? Coaches can only do so much, players have to play and execute, at that point in the game it didn't matter anyway.

Iowa still can't matchup with teams at the 2/3 positions, especially when they have to go to the bench, Iowa got in foul trouble and UM is just a far better team and did what they did to every average team they have played, put them in their place.

I kind of agree with you here. When the team comes out flat to start a half, I don't think the blame is on the players, it's on the coaches.

You're right, Fran was the one not playing defense! That is a stupid statement ghost. What today came down to was a young team playing on the road against the NUMBER 2 team in the whole country. I expected it to be a blowout. Maybe your expectations at this point in the B10 schedule are too high? Just a thought before you are point fingers and get the mob rounded up. Now do something constructive like sorting your pokemon cards ghost.

Ghost- I think that derp derp and derp troll derp...............do you derpingstand?

Sportstalent- Ill field this derpness. No they didnt derp..............but I will step in your troll.

Not coming out fired up is NOT on the coaches. Ever play a sport? If you come out flat it is a you problem. Good Lord.

Um, well, don't the players want to go out and not get their butt kicked? Coaches can only do so much, players have to play and execute, at that point in the game it didn't matter anyway.

Preaching to the choir there. I agree. I think Francis over-reacted and pulled his starters for the crime of being less-talented to the man against the competition. Fran can be a hot head, and I think this was a "throw the chair" moment.

Preaching to the choir there. I agree. I think Francis over-reacted and pulled his starters for the crime of being less-talented to the man against the competition. Fran can be a hot head, and I think this was a "throw the chair" moment.

Had he benched say, just White and Marble, I think it would have sent more of a message.

White was soft today, allowed GRIII to show him up, not that "the 3rd" is chopped liver, White did absolutely nothing against him. Marble needs to stop thinking he can score against athletic players when he has the ball in his hands after he moves once to get it after standing around.

Both of these players are at their best when they are active without the ball, Marble hasn't been that since UNI. White needs to pop out and hit the 10 ft. jumper a lot more. In order for Iowa to make any real moves, or knock of good teams in conference is to be more efficient on offense and that is a direct result of ball movement and taking good shots. That all fell apart when Clemmons/Gesell/Woodbury went to the bench.

Had he benched say, just White and Marble, I think it would have sent more of a message.

White was soft today, allowed GRIII to show him up, not that "the 3rd" is chopped liver, White did absolutely nothing against him. Marble needs to stop thinking he can score against athletic players when he has the ball in his hands after he moves once to get it after standing around.

Both of these players are at their best when they are active without the ball, Marble hasn't been that since UNI. White needs to pop out and hit the 10 ft. jumper a lot more. In order for Iowa to make any real moves, or knock of good teams in conference is to be more efficient on offense and that is a direct result of ball movement and taking good shots. That all fell apart when Clemmons/Gesell/Woodbury went to the bench.

I agree. If he would have picked out Marble or White, chewed them out, and then sat them THE ENTIRE GAME...that would send a message to both the player and the team. It doesn't matter who you are, if you don't want to play Iowa basketball, you are going to watch Iowa basketball.

What he did, there is no message there.

I agree. If he would have picked out Marble or White, chewed them out, and then sat them THE ENTIRE GAME...that would send a message to both the player and the team. It doesn't matter who you are, if you don't want to play Iowa basketball, you are going to watch Iowa basketball.

What he did, there is no message there.

Still a message, but would have been much, much more meaningful had it been just those two. Like I said before, Iowa wasn't going to win today, but those two watching maybe lights a fire into them.

So Francis benched all of his starters early in the second half to "send them a message". I didn't really get it, since I didn't see a problem with effort, but rather a problem with all of the Michigan players being better than the Iowa players. I also think whatever message he was trying to send probably didn't soak in since all of the starters eventually went back in and continued to play just as poorly.

Anyone think the team will respond to whatever Fran was trying to do?

I'm not sure if the team is gonna respond or not. I'm a little concerned watching Fran after the game seemingly not all that upset with what had just transpired. Let's face it. We are not as bad as we looked today. We simply ran into a buzzsaw. However, we have a couple kids that need a serious wakeup call on this team. They are on cruise control if you ask me.

I'm not sure if the team is gonna respond or not. I'm a little concerned watching Fran after the game seemingly not all that upset with what had just transpired. Let's face it. We are not as bad as we looked today. We simply ran into a buzzsaw. However, we have a couple kids that need a serious wakeup call on this team. They are on cruise control if you ask me.

I am far from being concerned about Fran's demeanor after the game, I wouldn't want to be in practice tomorrow. Also, I agree that there are a couple players that need a rude awakening if you will.

I am more concerned with how he acted during the game. After the game, who cares. He swallowed his medicine. No point in throwing a fit after the game.

I do agree we're not as bad as we looked today, but we were definitely not prepared for what we saw. However, if any team was on cruise control, it was Michigan in the first half. I think Iowa played well enough, considering. As you remember, you got mad at me earlier for failing to imagine a scenario where we would not get "murdered".

I am more concerned with how he acted during the game. After the game, who cares. He swallowed his medicine. No point in throwing a fit after the game.

I do agree we're not as bad as we looked today, but we were definitely not prepared for what we saw. However, if any team was on cruise control, it was Michigan in the first half. I think Iowa played well enough, considering. As you remember, you got mad at me earlier for failing to imagine a scenario where we would not get "murdered".

I was simply being optimistic Ghost. My bad. Messages need to be sent to Marble and White and I've thought this waaaaay before the debacle this afternoon. I'm not sure exactly how you do that, but, I'm getting sick of the sleepwalking. They both are alot better than their play / stats are showing. I'm also sick of the frickin 10 man rotation crap. We simply are NOT deep enough / talented enough to be successful if it continues.

I was simply being optimistic Ghost. My bad. Messages need to be sent to Marble and White and I've thought this waaaaay before the debacle this afternoon. I'm not sure exactly how you do that, but, I'm getting sick of the sleepwalking. They both are alot better than their play / stats are showing. I'm also sick of the frickin 10 man rotation crap. We simply are NOT deep enough / talented enough to be successful if it continues.

There are two players off the bench I would like to see a lot less of.

and that would be.........

McCabe and May

I like the younger, more aggressive players at this point. Ingram showed some good things today, he had a couple really quick drives in the open floor to the hoop.

I guess it becomes frustrating to see those two do the same thing every game, May has been more of a contributor this season, but not really saying a whole lot.

So Francis benched all of his starters early in the second half to "send them a message". I didn't really get it, since I didn't see a problem with effort, but rather a problem with all of the Michigan players being better than the Iowa players. I also think whatever message he was trying to send probably didn't soak in since all of the starters eventually went back in and continued to play just as poorly.

Anyone think the team will respond to whatever Fran was trying to do?

Fran got into them about D before the end of the first half...again at Half..and again before they took the court.

To me, this is like getting a T or throwing a chair in a blowout...Fran knew the game was over. On this particular day, it was over. He started coaching for the rest of the year, and the type of defensive effort they will need and probably get Thursday, AT HOME...which is key.

And most everyone had Iowa starting 0-2 in the Big Ten...or at least, losing at Michigan. For those who asked me, I told them Iowa would lose by 15 or more. That happens to a bubble-ish team.

Latest posts