What was the message?

GhostofBTT

Banned
So Francis benched all of his starters early in the second half to "send them a message". I didn't really get it, since I didn't see a problem with effort, but rather a problem with all of the Michigan players being better than the Iowa players. I also think whatever message he was trying to send probably didn't soak in since all of the starters eventually went back in and continued to play just as poorly.

Anyone think the team will respond to whatever Fran was trying to do?

maybe, at that point, you're willing to try anything?

you should call him up on his coach's show and ask him.

You sure it was a message he was sending or just trying to find a combination that will work in slowing down Michigan?

So Francis benched all of his starters early in the second half to "send them a message". I didn't really get it, since I didn't see a problem with effort, but rather a problem with all of the Michigan players being better than the Iowa players. I also think whatever message he was trying to send probably didn't soak in since all of the starters eventually went back in and continued to play just as poorly.

Anyone think the team will respond to whatever Fran was trying to do?

Does it matter? The game was over. I’m gonna assume Fran communicated his expectations for the starters at halftime, and felt they weren’t met. Our defense was **** poor the last 25 min of the game and they were knocking down shots.

I'll give Fran one time for this kind move, but if he does it again the players will start sending him a message. That message will be, "I don't want to play for you."

I'll give Fran one time for this kind move, but if he does it again the players will start sending him a message. That message will be, "I don't want to play for you."

I kind of agree with you here. When the team comes out flat to start a half, I don't think the blame is on the players, it's on the coaches.

32996277.jpg

It kind of reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill where Bobby joins the track team. The track coach uses fat Bobby to motivate his runners, because whenever he catches them slacking, he puts Bobby in their place so they can watch him lose.

The message if was: if you don't play better you will be labeled a misfit and will have to go to Ames and play for the mayor.

Maybe Fran is getting tired of getting ran off the court on the road against the elite teams of the conference. When you are getting beat by 35, I have a hard time believing you are still competing. I still like this team and Michigan is really talented, you can't compete the way they did in the first 15 minutes of this game, then get punched in the mouth and fold. All I ask is you compete for 40 minutes. I don't think they did that today. And something tells me Caff thought the same thing.

Latest posts