What was Fran thinking?

It was fun to see Olesani get the minutes he did. He is a lot better this year, and he will be a lot better next year. Iowa could have a monster team next year.

You need to change that to "Iowa WILL"... :) Gabe will be a player when it is all said & done. I think Fran will be wishing he had redshirted him.

Marble could very well play himself into a lottery pick. He needs another year or so to polish his game & make a name for himself tho.

It just disappoints me to see that much talent being used in garbage minutes.

Herby, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

You are an idiot. Ya, save a guy who desperately needs playing time to develop. Well, you got 2 more posts, DOP.

Did you watch the game, or were you one of the unfortunate souls still stuck with a dish and couldn't see it through a blazing Mediacom connection? Gabe doesn't need time to develop. He looked like a grown man playing with 5th graders. Leaving him out there to bully those SC St. players was dangerous and classless.

McCabe needs the practice. Olesani needs to be saved for BoneG season. No need risking an injury just to get highlight footage against some knobs.

In my opinion, Olesani needs more practice than McCabe, especially in games like these. McCabe is just having confidence issues in his shooting the rest is already setted with him. Olesani is also Woody's backup at Center or atleast I thought that was what Fran wanted. Olesani is still very raw on the offensive end.

In my opinion, Olesani needs more practice than McCabe, especially in games like these. McCabe is just having confidence issues in his shooting the rest is already setted with him. Olesani is also Woody's backup at Center or atleast I thought that was what Fran wanted. Olesani is still very raw on the offensive end.

Disagree. Olesani is a difference maker and does not need to risk injury. He's clearly a guy Fran is counting on going forward. McCabe is a tire fire, and anything we get out of him will be gravy. He needs to work on his issues. If he doesn't he has two guys on the bench in front of him. Let's see here, if I'm Fran, do I play garbage minutes for Center 1-B, or 3rd string PF to run along the walk-on crew? Arrogant Fran chose wrong. WTH was he thinking? It kept me up last night...

Disagree. Olesani is a difference maker and does not need to risk injury. He's clearly a guy Fran is counting on going forward. McCabe is a tire fire, and anything we get out of him will be gravy. He needs to work on his issues. If he doesn't he has two guys on the bench in front of him. Let's see here, if I'm Fran, do I play garbage minutes for Center 1-A, or 3rd string PF to run along the walk-on crew? Arrogant Fran chose wrong. WTH was he thinking? It kept me up last night...

That is the best way I have seen McCabe described ever. I completely agree, he is a "tire fire".

You haven't lost a step, Ghost!

big money college sports-you gotta go for the jugular. Iowa Football farts around and doesn't cripple weaker teams, allowing them to hang around. Fran did the right thing

Did you watch the game, or were you one of the unfortunate souls still stuck with a dish and couldn't see it through a blazing Mediacom connection? Gabe doesn't need time to develop. He looked like a grown man playing with 5th graders. Leaving him out there to bully those SC St. players was dangerous and classless.

I love it! Frans new tagline "Dangerous and Classless!"

I have two serious problems with the way he coached this game tonight. One, when the game was well in hand with a 40 point lead in the 2nd half, why did he still have Gabe Olesani out there? Do you really want to risk injury to a guy like that just so he can pad his stats against a hapless team? What good is it having him play with Rickert, Dennings, and Stokes? Why do they need the confidence? Two, it was pretty classless of Fran to keep Gabe out there when we were dominating like that. Yeah, he pumped up what was left in the crowd with his blocks, but did we really need to humiliate SC St like that? Steve Alford was embarrassed by that behavior.

Thought Jon was going to put a stop to trolling in the serious boards(if there even is one on this site anymore).

Dude seriously, if a game like this doesn't make you happy, you will b*tch about anything. Dominant win, THE BEST COACHING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!! COACH OF THE YEAR!!!!

what better time to give a kid time to work on some things you can't duplicate in practice,
you get live action on tape to break down, and use to teach players, and as the broadcasters stated, it shows the coach if you can maintain a high level for the whole game. whether you are up 1 or 40 or down 1
or down 40, even ingram got 22 minutes of playing time after getting 1 minute in the last 3 games combined. each time on the floor everybody improves and this type of game allows Fran to iron out the wrinkles just in time for BT play

The amount of bait biting in this thread is comical. Well played, Ghost,

Exactly! Except it isn't funny or well played.

It is adolescent and borderline bullying.

Maybe I am making this bigger than it needs to be but really do you guys enjoy people responding to him just to get trolled? How exactly is that different from bullying someone?

Maybe I am just sick of "teh ghost" and what he represents.

I am done and will step down from my little soapbox.

I have two serious problems with the way he coached this game tonight. One, when the game was well in hand with a 40 point lead in the 2nd half, why did he still have Gabe Olesani out there? Do you really want to risk injury to a guy like that just so he can pad his stats against a hapless team? What good is it having him play with Rickert, Dennings, and Stokes? Why do they need the confidence? Two, it was pretty classless of Fran to keep Gabe out there when we were dominating like that. Yeah, he pumped up what was left in the crowd with his blocks, but did we really need to humiliate SC St like that? Steve Alford was embarrassed by that behavior.

Hahahah Ghost is bodyslamming Fran!

Exactly! Except it isn't funny or well played.

It is adolescent and borderline bullying.

Maybe I am making this bigger than it needs to be but really do you guys enjoy people responding to him just to get trolled? How exactly is that different from bullying someone?

Maybe I am just sick of "teh ghost" and what he represents.

I am done and will step down from my little soapbox.

Lighten up Francis.

Latest posts