What Type Of Fan Are You?

If Iowa loses tonight they have an excellent chance of finishing in last place. When was the last time Iowa finished in last place? Anyway, if they do finish last this will be season people will remember for a long time.

If Iowa and Rutgers both end up 3-15 we'll win, er..lose (?) the tiebreaker and be the last place team.

Iowa lost the one game playoff to Ohio State in 1968 by a score of 85-81. Here's an article that refers to the OSU Cinderella run that year.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2008/03/1968_when_cinderella_was_reall.html

So they beat Iowa, a team they'd lost to in overtime earlier in the year, 85-81, nearly blowing a 12-point lead before two Meadors foul shots with 31 seconds left sealed it.

Thanks for the link. I remember the hawks were totally jacked and overplaying Michigan in the regular season final and they kept getting beat backdoor for easy early buckets. Too bad.

And it sure seemed like Iowa was beaten badly by OSU or maybe they were just behind big, 12 points was a big lead back then.

So in other words, a guy that can't coach OR recruit. Great combination.

Fran has had some success but feel he's already peaked. How a team can reach Top 10 or Top 5 nationally by January (see 2013-14 and 2015-16 seasons) and tank so badly the final month plus? My educated guess is that the league adjusted to us second time through the schedule and our coaching staff had no answers. It happened with Alford at times, too.

The league may have scouted and adjusted to us and there were weaknesses to exploit on those teams but overall a team good enough to run out to top rankings like that should have coaches and players on the team who know how to adjust, who know how to take advantage of teams forcing them to their weaknesses. Fran's teams just seem to tighten up when the pressure is on maybe like Fran.

People can talk potential all they want, but if you're still losing, then what difference does it really make?
Totally agree. In fact I'm downright sick of hearing "no one expected this", "Iowa has the talent to be a top 4 team", "they just can't string together a good offensive game and defensive game at the same time", etc. Who cares, we suck. The record speaks for itself. And yet we still have announcers saying "well next year I think they'll be top 4". Based on WHAT!!!!!???

Latest posts