What the... Pacquiao lost??

Hard to believe there are still idiots that will pay to watch a boxing pay per view. I would have paid one more time to see Manny vs Floyd before this, but now I have to sadly say I am done with boxing completely.

What also kind of bothered me was Manny's attitude after the fight. I know being a believer changes your outlook on things, but I would have been pretty ticked off losing like that. He seemed like he didn't care. I still doubt we will ever see Mayweather and Manny fight.

Probably just trying to keep his cool and not be a sore looser. Class helps your case in a lot of situations.

Boxing is and always has been crooked. Its just a lot more obvious at times, sometimes ridiculously so. For that reason, I will never pay to see a match and hardly ever watch one anymore.

I am not sure of the ins and outs of selecting judges. Does the athletic commission assign particular judges or is there a pool of judges for the promoter to choose from? Since White owns the UFC and is given the choice, wouldn't he naturally avoid judges who have a history of questionable decisions?

The state's athletic commission assigns the judges. The promotions: Top Rank, GBP, UFC, Strikeforce, or any other combat sport promotion have to apply to be able to fight in the state. After the fight is cleared, judges/referees are assigned. That is why fighters/promoters can appeal to the commission about the result of the fight. Though it is very rare that a decision is overturned, it did recently happen with Tarver/Hopkins I.

Chris Brussard said 'Boxing clearly trying to set up a big money rematch since only legit Manny challenger is in jail. What a scam!"- Not a bad hypothesis.

To add to the conspiracy theories, Teddy Atlas (ESPN) said it had to due to Bob Arum wanting to stiff Manny because he hasn't resigned with Top Rank.

My theory is that the judges were turned off with Manny delaying the fight, and trying to teach him that he's not above the sport.

To add to the conspiracy theories, Teddy Atlas (ESPN) said it had to due to Bob Arum wanting to stiff Manny because he hasn't resigned with Top Rank.

My theory is that the judges were turned off with Manny delaying the fight, and trying to teach him that he's not above the sport.

They were perhaps annoyed that he delayed it, but I think that they wanted that so more viewers would tune in. Also, maybe they didn't like his whole new religion thing... Alot of people don't like religion and sports crossing over. That is a stretch though i'll admit.

No doubt boxing is crooked, there wasn't anyone in the country that watched that fight other then the paid judges at the fight who had Pac Man winning. Amazing!!

Last edited:
Chris Brussard said 'Boxing clearly trying to set up a big money rematch since only legit Manny challenger is in jail. What a scam!"- Not a bad hypothesis.

I can see this, but last night clearly showed that Bradley isn't a legit challenger. :D

It clearly shows that Boxing is a major scam!!

Boxing was once a great spectator sport. And though there have always been isolated incidents of fixing and corruption, the "outcomes" have become SO widely suspect since the early days of Tyson that the sport is now entirely disreputable and consequently irrelevant.

Too bad because some of the best stories in sports lore are from the (once) sweet science.

It's the first thing that crossed my mind

However if THE Mega fight were to happen this year it would be in November. That leaves plenty of time for a training camp as many think Floyd will only be at Clark County for about 2/3 of his sentence and will get out early for good behavior.

As long as people keep paying for the PPV's, it really doesn't matter what goes on in the ring anymore. It's less a sport now than it is pure pugilistic entertainment. If some want to pay their money to watch two guys trade punches, that's their dollar.

No, I watched the fight..Pacquiao kicked his butt all 12 rounds, except maybe round 10? But... turned the channel before the results because I didn't need confirmation. IT WAS BORING. There is no judge who isn't on the take that would have said Bradley won this fight.. Boxing needs help.

Latest posts