What the hell happened to the offense?

I mean it's crazy. Either the ball isn't moving or the defense knows where it is going before we do. The ball handler, whoever it is, gets doubled and the instant he passes it that player is doubled. And the guys who did the first double team are already rotating and in position to double the next person. If it hasn't been thrown away or chucked by then.

I think the book is out on Iowa. Pressure the guards and dare them to go around you.

Also helps that Garza and Cook went from being a strong inside duo to literally not being able to score double figures.
Cook is being double teamed and Garza can’t play through contact. We are lucky he’s even able to play this year. Zero chance at the NCAA without him IMO. Hopefully he’s healthy and able to work out this offseason. I give Garza a pass and appreciate what he’s contributed this season.

No point guard, pure and simple. They don't have one guy who is consistently able to take his man off the dribble and it has been this way since Fran arrived here. Every team I have watched Iowa play presses Iowa's guards at the 3 point line and takes away the 3 pt shot. Every time Bohannon comes off a screen there's a man in his face. Every time Moss or Wieskamp comes off a screen, there's a man in their face too. If you want motion offense where you can get an open shooter you have to do more than run weaves around the perimeter. You need screens, you need a PG who can drive into the paint, you need guys who can cut to the basket effectively when the post man gets doubled. Right now this is a 3 pt shooting team, one trick pony. Shut that down and Iowa is toast. As someone else said, the book is out on Iowa.
I agree we currently live and die (dying a lot lately) by the 3. I hope Joe T. is the solution.

I know many of us Focus on the defensive deficiencies on this team but we can't score. I had to laugh today because listening to the radio today they were talking about the defense. We can't even score 30 points in a half. It seemed early in the year if a team Switched Off on defense we had the advantage... Watching this team now they switch on every pick and roll and there is literally nothing open. I'm not a coach but what the hell happened? Granted Bohannon cannot create his own shot, but cook cannot create his own shot, Garza doesn't have room, we are firing up threes 10 seconds in the shot clock... I guess the good news is ISU fans are dealing with the same s h i t.
Tell me what's happening with JBo. Turned down at least 5 open threes. I have no problem with JBo putting up every open shot he has, even forced shots if the alternative is watching Dailey, Cook, Conner, or Moss butcher the basket.

Latest posts