What team is your ideal Bowl Matchup?

What makes you think so?

Physicality on defense. The way the defense is playing especially the back 7. Not an apples to apples comparison, but do you remember the 01 Alamo bowl? Iowa kept everything in front of them and just pounded TTech receivers. Pagel/Sanders had those guys with alligator arms by the end of the game. I think the same approach could keep this low scoring.

I would take on the Georgia Bulldogs. Iowa plays great against teams from Georgia in football. If they play in Nashville they are far enough away that they would not get a "hometown" advantage.

Why has no one mentioned them? They are also a 7 win sec team.

1. Navy in San Diego = good
2. Boise St in Nashville (bluegrass) = good
3. GA Tech = gimmick offenses < Iowa defense
4. Western Michigan = just to see if there is some emotion vs. non-power5 opponent.
5. Utah = slobberknock them

Ideal depends on what you're going for. Easy win? Boost to the program? Going to as major of a bowl as we can and beating as name worthy of a program as we can, by as much as we can. USC or Stanford in the Holiday Bowl. Some big name SEC squad in the Tennessee Bowl game that for some reason i'm forgetting the dang name of despite doing a big write up on it yesterday.

For shear fun of the game I think some team we've not played in a long time or ever would be cool. Georgia, WSU, Ar-Kansas, Utah would all be cool.

A big brand team who sucks. Insert SEC team here.

Georgia, Arkansas,

others -

Florida, - big brand, not as good as the brand

KY (no brand and is sometimes decent)

After watching Utah and Colorado, I think the hawks could beat both.

A nice with over Stanford would help Iowa's brand.

A big brand team who sucks. Insert SEC team here.

Georgia, Arkansas,

others -

Florida, - big brand, not as good as the brand

KY (no brand and is sometimes decent)

After watching Utah and Colorado, I think the hawks could beat both.

A nice with over Stanford would help Iowa's brand.
I'd love to kick the snot out of Stanford

If washington is out of the playoffs, I think the Pac order will change. I don't want to play USC. But I think USC played in the Holiday Bowl last year against Wisconsin?

The fact we are talking about this speaks volumes about our program.

It does? If that were true about things regularly hammered out on these board, we were F'd a long time ago. Things bantered about on a message board doesn't say a damn thing about the program.

Also, if this board and the posters within carried any weight at all, KF and Barta would have been fired year ago. But alas, "that's message boards"

Reactions: Eda
JFC WHY DO PEOPLE WANT LOW-SCORING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

Boring offense. We've had enough of that BS!!

Like awesome, B!G 12 stuff. Now that's exciting. If it ain't 50-48....it ain't football.

In all seriousness, we do want the opponent to be low scoring, right? We just don't want Iowa to be low scoring...I assume that is what you meant.

Not what I assume. Our fanbase has had its brain destroyed watching the 1950s football Kirk puts on the field. Hayden moved the Big Ten into the modern era. Kirk is attempting to do the opposite.

Dear Kirk:

You're a pussy if you don't revert back to single platoon football. That's when MEN played the game.

So you want our opponents to score a lot of points? seems weird. Personally, I'd like to see Iowa score more points and continue to play good defense, holding our opponents to low scoring games.

I like to watch good defense, especially when it's Iowa playing it.

What you're really saying is you would prefer to not see the offense struggle like it did vs. NDSU, Rutgers, NW, PSU, and maybe Wisc(although that defense did that to lot of folks). I'm good with that.

Now, i'm ok with the offense Iowa had vs ISU, MN, Purdue(1st half), illinois, and NE.

Pencil me in for Utah...I think we match up well with the Williams boys and their offense now that the D is playing well. Their QB is not accurate and I think we would hold up just fine against their good RB. Their D is ok, nothing great. And maybe it's a little payback for the Eno/Corrales/Holmes Texas Trio tweets in their potential Utah uni's. ;)

I think if anyone presumes to know anything about which Iowa team will show up...they are wearing a white jacket with long sleeves, and in a cell with padded walls. They are not taking their medication either.

It does? If that were true about things regularly hammered out on these board, we were F'd a long time ago. Things bantered about on a message board doesn't say a damn thing about the program.

Also, if this board and the posters within carried any weight at all, KF and Barta would have been fired year ago. But alas, "that's message boards"
How quickly some people forget. This message board was stoking the flames of the hot seat before last season. And look how that turned out. Now we have reverted back to wishing we could seek revenge on an FCS level opponent we got dominated by.

Washington St.

I realize it is not a sexy matchup but I think I Iowa could actually win the game. Smash mouth football on offense and the physicality Iowa is now playing on defense.......Iowa could make it a low scoring game and win.

Washington State would be a push-over. They have a stubborn old coach that's a total has-been. So set in his ways, they'll never be more than mediocre, except for random years they pull out a good season. Heck, he even lost to an FCS team this year.

How quickly some people forget. This message board was stoking the flames of the hot seat before last season. And look how that turned out. Now we have reverted back to wishing we could seek revenge on an FCS level opponent we got dominated by.

And a growing chorus of Hawclones clamoring for KOK or his equivalent. Amnesia is sweeping thru the fanbase. I don't mind the Davis hate. He deserves it. But fondling KOK?? That jumps the shark.

Latest posts