What seed will Iowa be in the NIT?

Iowa beat North Carolina, O$U, and Minnesota on the road. The ncaa would be out of their minds not to take Iowa.

Iowa beat North Carolina, O$U, and Minnesota on the road. The ncaa would be out of their minds not to take Iowa.

Except for the fact they already have 8 losses and still 10 games remaining. In an average Big Ten an average team with 12 or more losses will not make tourney. The wins are good but so many losses to good teams, especially at Carver, are failed opportunities for Iowa (just like every year) and they are blowout losses to that.

Except for the fact they already have 8 losses and still 10 games remaining. In an average Big Ten an average team with 12 or more losses will not make tourney. The wins are good but so many losses to good teams, especially at Carver, are failed opportunities for Iowa (just like every year) and they are blowout losses to that.

This falls into the part of "frustrating" Quad City Hawkeye was posting, i.e., we are always teetering between NIT/NCAA, seeing other programs become "solid" that we used to beat on a regular or semi-regular basis.

In a year where we sweep O$U, it will become the "bad losses" that keep them from being a Top 6 seed versus having it propel US to a decent seed or at least a shoo-in berth. In a year where we win AT UNC, it's because they shot 20-something percent, not because we ran them off the floor or devastated them with a second-half press or 3-pointer barrage.

Sort of like the last time we beat Duke, it was the season Coach K left mid-season for a "much-needed sabbatical".

Iowa will win 5 of next 7 and be looking good for the Dance. Purdue loss short handed may not be a bad loss by the end of the Big Ten season.

Prior to the start of the season, I was thinking NIT. But a few games in and I was sold that this is indeed an NCAA team.

I just hope they finish strong without a late season collapse. I still believe in Fran and the Hawks!

Can Iowa get a 1 seed in the NIT and keep home court advantage? Wonder how well the turnout would be for that?

Just who are you really? Some kind of Badger troll I would guess.

Hawks schedule is heavily front loaded this year. We're sitting at 4-4 in conference and just now starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. I predict we go 7-3 over these last 10 conference games putting us at 11-7 in the Big, 20-11 overall. Then we go into the Big tournament where we collect at least one additional win. Way too early to be talking NIT around here in my opinion.....

UNC was a good win, but OSU is down by their standards and Minnesota isn't anything special.

You guys really need to win one of your next two, then you should be good.

UNC was a good win, but OSU is down by their standards and Minnesota isn't anything special.

You guys really need to win one of your next two, then you should be good.

Hawknick is a troll.

Agree, win one of next two. OSU road win is a solid win.

For the last time stop it with the name calling. I predicted Iowa to win against UNC, did you? If I was right about that I could easily be right about Iowa being in the NCAA tournament you will owe me an apology.

I predict Iowa will beat both Michigan and Maryland.

I'm sticking with my pre-season pick of 10-8 in conference play.

#7 seed in the NCAAs

Wow! I figure Michigan and Maryland to be the toughest games left on the schedule. If they get W's there, I can't imagine then crapping themselves twice more. Not that they won't lose -- Indiana is guaranteed L with PSU and Nebby in the toss-up column -- but if they get the next 2, that's 6-4 and I think 11-7 would be worst case.

gliding -- you know bball ... if not Michigan and Maryland, who in the world do you have them losing to to end up 10-8??

Wow! I figure Michigan and Maryland to be the toughest games left on the schedule. If they get W's there, I can't imagine then crapping themselves twice more. Not that they won't lose -- Indiana is guaranteed L with PSU and Nebby in the toss-up column -- but if they get the next 2, that's 6-4 and I think 11-7 would be worst case.

gliding -- you know bball ... if not Michigan and Maryland, who in the world do you have them losing to to end up 10-8??

Indiana, Nebraska, Penn State, and Minnesota.

Latest posts