What % of us criticizing referees???

I don't complain about refs unless they are inconsistent. I can handle a ref making a bad call here and there or getting something wrong occasionally or even if they are calling the game in a way that I dislike..... AS LONG as they are consistent. I can't stand when something gets called at one end... and then isn't called on the other. If you are going to call hand-checking... you better call it every time on both ends. If it is a foul - you call it.
^this is the main beef of most fans. Example, mid-way through the second half of last nites Kansas-OSU semifinal game there was a battle under the boards that had multiple-multiple elbows, pushes, bumps and no foul was called. Then a little later there is a bump 30 feet from the basket and a foul is called. Excuse me but there had to be a foul in that first skirmish. And actually I am starting to hate all the grabbing by defenders that goes on as players move around screens or make back cuts. You foul a few guys out and this will stop.

^^ this is an example of someone criticizing officiating without a clue. you are ALWAYS going to get away with more contact under the bucket than you will against a ball handler 30 feet from the bucket, and that's the way it should be.

^^ this is an example of someone criticizing officiating without a clue. you are ALWAYS going to get away with more contact under the bucket than you will against a ball handler 30 feet from the bucket, and that's the way it should be.

Every reffing thread all season has been a good example of people without a clue.

close but no ciggy. I attended Valley High School and it was terrible. I never really blamed them too much but their bias was obvious. See the state title game this for football. Even though they tried to keep us down, we still rise up :)

Yeah, when is Valley ever going to get a chance? When will someone stand up and fight for those who can't fight for themselves?

Calls are missed from time to time. As far as their egos, have you worked in front of 20k screaming fans with 2 millionaire crybabies on the sidelines screaming at you, most of the time not knowing the actual rule? didn't think so. You would be a little bit of a ***** as well if you would be in that situation. Refs and coaches talk the whole game. They get their say, when they start acting a fool, they get T'd. Its not that they can't talk to officials. Every call that is made in Div I is scrutinized by the leagues assigners. No one is getting screwed. UNI man handled Iowa this year, Fran and team got frustrated. They got what they deserved. Next year, read the rule book before the season. Then go ref an AAU tourney for 2nd graders and start learning how to be consistent with that play. Then move up to 8th grade and see how your progressing. If everyone is ****** at you, your ready for 9th grade. Next, get your fat A** to the gym so you can get in position to make a call. Its a marathon to become as bad as a Div I official.

Calls are missed from time to time. As far as their egos, have you worked in front of 20k screaming fans with 2 millionaire crybabies on the sidelines screaming at you, most of the time not knowing the actual rule? didn't think so. You would be a little bit of a ***** as well if you would be in that situation. Refs and coaches talk the whole game. They get their say, when they start acting a fool, they get T'd. Its not that they can't talk to officials. Every call that is made in Div I is scrutinized by the leagues assigners. No one is getting screwed. UNI man handled Iowa this year, Fran and team got frustrated. They got what they deserved. Next year, read the rule book before the season. Then go ref an AAU tourney for 2nd graders and start learning how to be consistent with that play. Then move up to 8th grade and see how your progressing. If everyone is ****** at you, your ready for 9th grade. Next, get your fat A** to the gym so you can get in position to make a call. Its a marathon to become as bad as a Div I official.

Wow you are a total CLOWN if you really think that is true. That might be the very DUMBEST thing i have read on this board in some time and that is taking into account herbyhawks crazy statements..If you really think that is true you are just clueless or a UNI fan.

In fact re-reading your whole post confirms you just don't have a clue what you are talking about at all.

It is tough for me to look at officiating from a neutral point of view when my team is playing. But I can objectively watch a game and see times when my team has gotten calls or can see when the game was poorly officiated from both points of view. But the 2 games that stand out to me this year where it seemed like the officials were working against Iowa was the UNI game and at home against Northwestern. One of the officials allowed the home crowd to effect his judgment, you could see it from the stands. Even the UNI fans I was sitting around were amazed at the calls they were getting. The Northwestern game looked like Eddie wanted some camera time or felt sorry for the fact they have never been to a NCAA tournament. He completely took over that game.

I have reffed. It is extremely difficult. I complain about them a lot less than many people but I'm not afraid to point out when games are poorly officiated.

Wow, don't ever question the refs around papat! If you think there was ONE game where there was poor officiating against you then he thinks you are full of ****! I'm not sure what's up papat's *** today.

Please re-read my post. I did not say there are not poorly officiated games. I said I did not believe there were lots of instances where officials showed BLATENT BIAS in games. There's a big difference there.

Agreed....I wish a coach could question refs sometimes after games, without fear of being suspended...fined...or worse...losing their jobs. I think freedom of speech works here...they should be allowed to speak their minds on if a ref...or refs just call a crap game.
What world do you live in that you think a coach fears for his job so he doesn't question officiating?

Or better yet, some of the women calling college basketball are better than a lot of the mens officials. Granted its a different game, but Lisa Mattingly is the best official in the country(men or women).

Not an accident we didnt see Hightower in latter part of tournament.

Or better yet, some of the women calling college basketball are better than a lot of the mens officials. Granted its a different game, but Lisa Mattingly is the best official in the country(men or women). Not an accident we didnt see Hightower in latter part of tournament.

he's 378 years old and still getting tournament games. there's no shame in that.