What level of incompetence does Brian Ferentz have to exhibit to be fired?

Who does good?

Brian called a great game last night and your agenda won't allow you to see it or admit it apparently.

I'm not saying your narrative lacks merit, only that you should wait to double down on it until we actually fall on our face. The odds are in your favor that next week your criticism has real bite. So why not just wait?

Urban Meyer says... What cha talking about Willis?

Also I find it weird how some try so hard to criticize a guy when he actually does good.
Prior to playing this FCS team, Iowa's offense ranked 114th. Are you saying Brian does a good job?

Prior to playing this FCS team, Iowa's offense ranked 114th. Are you saying Brian does a good job?

Nope. Saying he called a good game last night.

I do however feel though that the week 1 and 2 struggles were not horribly called games. The execution left a lot to be desired. I can understand how doing nothing right can hamstrung a OC. If that trend were to continue at some point it will fall on the OC, but I'm just not there yet.

Yes. I think there was a lot more of our offense shown last night and except for Stanley still pressing sometimes it looked good. Many more wide receiver targets. Much more variety in play calling and better execution. Got to clean up those penalties going forward and I see a 10 win season. After Wisconsin, I don't know if the Gophers are for real or not, but I like our changes after 3 games.

You'd think UNI was an FBS team or even a decent FCS team the way the Ferentz nut huggers are talking.

You'd think UNI was an FBS team or even a decent FCS team the way the Ferentz nut huggers are talking.

I think you are fundamentally wrong that UNI is not a solid FCS team. Not quite as good as UNI teams of past, but certainly still good enough to beat us if we had played like shit.

Not exactly sure what a "Ferentz nuthugger" is but I think I must be one. I am pretty happy with our start. And I would see how UNI finishes the year before I judge their season.

He called a 3rd down draw early on. I didn’t say that’s all he calls. When we play someone good he will do it a lot. Last night means jack shit it was an FCS team.

You claimed Brain called draws on 3rd and 9, and that absolutely didn't happen. What did happen, was early in the game and it was 3rd and 19 and yes they ran a draw. If you don't get why you call a draw play there, it isn't worth the time to even argue with you about it.

Not exactly sure what a "Ferentz nuthugger" is but I think I must be one. I am pretty happy with our start. And I would see how UNI finishes the year before I judge their season.
An easy way to identify a Ferentz nut hugger is when then nut hugger mentions how well our defense is playing, but never mentions Phil's name, yet when the offense does well against an FCS team, the nut hugger can't wait to mention Brian's name.

An easy way to identify a Ferentz nut hugger is when then nut hugger mentions how well our defense is playing, but never mentions Phil's name, yet when the offense does well against an FCS team, the nut hugger can't wait to mention Brian's name.

Who is Phil?

Huh. Well maybe I am not one then. This thread was originally about Brian Ferentz and his level of competence or incompetence. I vote for mostly competent. Always room for improvement

Who is Phil?
635896730471775409-STG0131-punxsutawney-phil-01.jpg

Huh. Well maybe I am not one then. This thread was originally about Brian Ferentz and his level of competence or incompetence. I vote for mostly competent. Always room for improvement
Like I said, prior to playing this FCS team, Iowa's offense was ranked 114th. #MostlyCompetent o_O

Latest posts