What is your prized Hawk item

- A 3'x5' Iowa flag signed by Ferentz, McCaffery & Brands.
- An autographed Iowa mini helmet by Brad Banks, as well as an autographed picture of him against Michigan in the Big House.
- An autographed Iowa football by Shonn Greene, signed as a 1st Team All-American.
- An autographed Iowa football by Kirk Ferentz.
- My dad has an autographed Iowa basketball by the 1986 Hawkeyes that include Armstrong, Marble, Gamble, Wright, Horton, etc.

My son attended a wrestling camp a couple of years ago, and I got a great picture of Tom Brands wrestling my son. I immediately printed off a copy and had coach sign it made out to my son. Love it.

Lots of great stuff in here. Thanks for sharing.
I have several pictures/football/helmets that are signed from various iowa football players over the past 25 years. Nothing crazy. I have a Hawkeye pontoon boat that I love. A few items from Muhammed Ali and a couple of other pro athletes. Not a big collector really.

Stadium banner from Kinnick and a yellow football signed by Chuck Long, Larry Station and a dozen other members of the 85 Hawks.

On a simple piece of paper my Grandpa got me the autographs of Hayden, Chuck Hartlieb, and Marv Cook during the offseason after '87. I have it in a frame now.

The only actual item I have is an personalized note from OL Scott Davis. Lots of great memories though, one of my fondest is from about 25 years ago. A family friend played at Iowa, several of players had a slowpitch softball team, they came back their home town to play in a tournament, they needed someone to pitch so my dad filled in. I was the bat boy, got to hangout with them all weekend. The guys i can remember are, Matt Rodgers, Jim Hartlieb, Paul Kujawa, Paul Burmiester, Alan Cross, and Brett Bielema. Needless to say that was quite the weekend for a 12 year old Hawkeye fan.

Slow time of the year so thought I would post this over here as I also posted on the other site and found some people had some really kick azz stuff. I'll go first, I have a majority of the game used Bowl jerseys from the 1993-present. Not sure how I started collecting those but man its a fun hobby. I also have both white and black Banana peel jerseys from the mid 90's and just recently got a the Hawkeye Gloves with the tigerhawk on the palms that the players wear. I know you can't get those anywhere really. I have most of the game used throwback jerseys the Hawks have worn in recent years. I have some connections if anyone is interested, let me know and I will get you my info.

Anyone have a game used 2010 Throwback they wore against Ball State? I am needing one and would pay good money for one.

What's does everyone have that's rare and unique?

A helmet signed by KF I bought at Feast on the 50. Prolly the same one they sell at EVERY UI/B1G-related event/fundraiser/benefit. Still cool, though, as putting on lets the wife know I mean business.

I should add, "75 Years With the Fighting Hawkeyes" by Lamb and McGrane, along with "Another 25 Years..." by Al Grady sit proudly on my bookshelf. Bring them down every July to read before the season.

Bill Krause was from my hometown and knew my dad fairly well. When Iowa ripped out that old astro-turf, (not sure what year it was)....Bill got a 3 x 3' piece of it. He framed it and gave it to my dad. When dad passed in 04, I was the proud recipient of that piece of Kinnick history.

That turf sat in the Iowa City dump for years. The endzones with the Iowa helmets and everything. Nobody ever knew it. Someone could have gone over there and cut themselves a pretty sweet piece of the turf

I've got a Hayden Fry autographed Hawkeye Helmet that I bought at a Benefit years ago. Im thinking that was a good investment for a good cause. Also still have a card board cut out of Hayden that is pretty sweet. Lots of old schedule posters when radio station in Iowa City used to do them. Favorite is Roy, BJ, and Eddie team all decked out in tuxes in front of movie theatre.

My favorite is my faded and torn gold Hawkeye hat with the black "I". It attended two championship seasons in 2002 and 2004 and was worn proudly in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan. It blew off my head in a convertible on the interstate and I was able to recover it. It was retired by my wife in 2014, but is still displayed proudly in my home.

I have a ton of Iowa memorabilia. My favorite item is probably my complete framed set of homecoming buttons (from 1924 to date) plus all the bowl buttons Iowa has been to and a ton of extra buttons, official and otherwise, that have been issued over the years. My oddest items are the pieces I got from fired head coach Bob Comming's garage sale, which includes an embroidered "blanket" that Indiana U gave to him and a ton of drinking glasses from his days as head coach at Massillon (OH) HS. I also have a full ticket from the first Iowa/Iowa St. game when the series was revived in 1977.

I have Hard cover Hayden Fry book" A High Porch Picnic" #219 of 250 published.
Picture of Greenway and Hodge autographed
Pictures of Sash,Clayborn,Greene,Moeaki,Roth
Jets going over Kinnick just to name a few

Hey, maybe next winter Hawkeye Nation could sponsor some sort of memorabilia show. It would be cool to see some of the stuff mentioned in some of these posts.

I have Hard cover Hayden Fry book" A High Porch Picnic" #219 of 250 published.
Picture of Greenway and Hodge autographed
Pictures of Sash,Clayborn,Greene,Moeaki,Roth
Jets going over Kinnick just to name a few

I have a hard cover of that book signed by Hayden and George Wine (co-author). I don't see anything about it being a certain number of 250. Is there somewhere to look, or was yours a different printing?

Right hand corner of page with Hayden's and Wine's autograph it's marked 219/250..Also got a Certificate of Authenticity for all of the autographs of (Fry,Long,Bortz,Station,Levias and Wine). The other autographs are on next two pages.They said that they were only printing 250 then rest would be in paperback.

I bought an old ironing board at a garage sale and when I took the cover off I found a Des Moines Register front page of the sports from 1939 was Nile kinnick and the Iron Men. I had it framed and gave it to my son for his Hawkeye shrine.

I got one of these at a garage sale 68 cents. Somebody wrote "Go Hawks" on the bottom

51106psku1.jpg

Latest posts