what is your bold prediction for saturday?

Clayborn bends down to get in his stance and a pink thong pops out of the back of his pants.....

bold enough? jk. haha

Iowa 31
AZ 17

AZ defense scores 1 of those touchdowns.

PAUL CHANEY JR will have 4 catches for 40 yds, and 1 run for 13 yds. This off the radar contribution is just what he needs to get back in the rotation at the WR position.

I don't like guessing the score, but: 30-14- we go 5/6 on red zone possessions (3 TD's, 2 FG's) Stanzi throws his first pic of the year-- in the Red Zone to end the half (we were already ahead 21-7 so no need to worry)

Hard to predict. If Iowa plays well they will win by single digits. If Iowa does not play well I can see the Hawks losing by 3 to 14 points.

Iowa should win. But should and will are totally different words.

Arizona runs three straight blitzes one Iowa's first possession and it's ugly. The o-line looks confused and overmatched and Hawkeye message boards melt down with predictions of the apocalypse. The D does it's job and forces AZ to punt.

Iowa makes some quick adjustments and the offense still looks a bit shakey but gets a couple of first downs. Arizona wants to put a stop to anything before it starts, but this time Iowa catches them in the blitz with a screen to A-Rob for big yardage and DJK blocks his man right out of the stadium. They put it in the end zone two plays later...

I could tell you how it ends, but I don't want to spoil it for you. :)

I really have a feeling that AZ scores a TD on their first possession and I will probably need a bucket to throw up in. I don't think I have ever been this nervous about an Iowa football game.

Same result, Different member of the cat family crying

sadpanda.jpg

Last edited:
to start the game IOWA receives the kick off

and puts it in the end zone after a 11 play drive

This is Iowa's game to win or lose. They are better on both sides of the ball and if it's one thing this group of players has shown over the last several years, they are ready to play in big games. The old 'Iowa is slow...' line is old and tired. And the last time I checked, BOTH teams have to start the game late and BOTH teams will have to play in 90+ degree temperatures. This is as deep an Iowa roster that I can ever remember, with depth on both lines. Granted, the OL and OL depth is young, but they have shown they can play. If Iowa plays a clean game (i.e. few turnovers and penalties) they will win going away. Arizona will use their home field energy to get up early, but Iowa will control the clock and put points up all night. I'll go with Iowa 38-24, with 10-14 of the 'Zona points coming late with the game already decided.

Arizona, plays well the first half, keeps it close. Iowa comes out in the second half and thoroughly dominates both lines of scrimmage. Iowa wins 28-16.
Gettis plays and does well. (not too bold I know)

Several Iowa fans will show arizona fans how a "real" tailgate is supposed to look and act!

Also Several bars will have to kick people out right after the game, because it will be so late back in the midwest, people will still want to celebrate the Iowa victory!

The announcers will talk about Norm Parker being absent and Kirk Ferentz pay raise.

Also The sideline reporter will get heckled by DJK on his Twitter account after the game.

Quit worrying...Iowa is going to win this one easily. 35-7, maybe 35-14. Iowa will DOMINATE AZ. We are way to good this year and the good Captain will have this team ready to play. This is the year of the HAWK!

Latest posts