What is the most you have actually seen people pay?

What do you suppose Prime Sports spent per ticket from the Rose Bowl? It is not the Rose bowl raising ticket prices from $600 to $1325. Prime sports is fleecing Hawkeye fans. More power to them I guess if they can find people who are willing to pay.

You are making the mistake of thinking that the market can somehow circumvent supply and demand. If there was no Prime Sports, it would be individual who got the tickets putting them back on the market, because they understand there are people who are willing to pay $1325 for them.

Basically one way or another the price is going to get there. Just wait and see what your fellow Hawk fans are going to start doing with the tickets they get from the University. There is already a post for someone selling his $185 face value (what he paid) ticket for $700 bones.....and many more will be following suit.

You are making the mistake of thinking that the market can somehow circumvent supply and demand. If there was no Prime Sports, it would be individual who got the tickets putting them back on the market, because they understand there are people who are willing to pay $1325 for them.

Basically one way or another the price is going to get there. Just wait and see what your fellow Hawk fans are going to start doing with the tickets they get from the University. There is already a post for someone selling his $185 face value (what he paid) ticket for $700 bones.....and many more will be following suit.

That is fine but to say it is the Rose Bowl's fault for Prime Sports asking $1325 for a ticket is not true. I guess you could say that the Rose Bowl gave Prime Sports the opportunity to fleece people so indirectly it shares the blame.

That is fine but to say it is the Rose Bowl's fault for Prime Sports asking $1325 for a ticket is not true. I guess you could say that the Rose Bowl gave Prime Sports the opportunity to fleece people so indirectly it shares the blame.

Is the Rose "in bed" with primesports? When Prime sells a ticket for $1000 - what did they pay? Did they pay 185 to the rose? or did the rose say - we will sell it to you for 750 and you keep the difference, therefore the price goes up and down with demand?

You are aiming at the wrong target. It's the Rose Bowl itself.

The Rose Bowl is upping the ticket prices, or are you saying that Stub Hub is a “ticketing agentâ€￾? Last I looked I could have gotten a RB ticket for around $180 two weeks prior.

I could afford it if I downgraded my house a bit. It looked like there was some lots available underneath that bridge by Catillac Ranch in Indy.

Just because it is more than you are willing to pay, doesn't mean others aren't willing to pay it. If they aren't willing to pay it, the price will go down.

Lets just say you had one of those $1325 tickets Blubber, and lets say you got it for early for $200, but something happened and you can't go to the game. Would you sell it for $200, or would you ask for market value for it?

Just because it is more than you are willing to pay, doesn't mean others aren't willing to pay it. If they aren't willing to pay it, the price will go down.

Lets just say you had one of those $1325 tickets Blubber, and lets say you got it for early for $200, but something happened and you can't go to the game. Would you sell it for $200, or would you ask for market value for it?

I would try to find family/friends first for the $200. If no luck I would try to fleece a Stanford Fan..I would not feel guilty about that.

I would sale it for what I paid. I will take it one step further and say that this has happen to me and I did sale it for what I paid.

Win or lose, I have a feeling there will be a lot of buyers remorse on January 2.

With the total vacation we have planned, I can guarantee with certainty that I will have zero buyers remorse. The limited amount of time I have left with my kids before they leave the nest makes this a no-brainer. Memories like this will be priceless. Plus, hopefully once they grow up and be successful young men, they'll remember this and be willing to pay to take me the next time around! :D

I would try to find family/friends first for the $200. If no luck I would try to fleece a Stanford Fan..I would not feel guilty about that.

image.jpg

Laissez-faire economics. Would you have it any other way? With that said, I find the situation pretty sad, but nowhere are Americans entitled to low prices RB tickets. The people running this stuff are just preying on emotional attachment people have to their teams. I work with guys that paid $2400 for tickets to ND title game couple years back. Imagine that! They got killed and it was over early.

it never ceases to amaze how a simple concept of supply and demand can be so darn difficult to understand. if the price is too high for your budget, don't buy--not everyone has the same budget. i have never understood why so many get so interested in what others do with their money.

As spider and others have said...the Rose Bowl is much more than a one 3 hour football game deal, especially when you live in the Midwest and it's winter...there are so many activities and things to do with the university and the RB, plus the hundreds of places to see and things to do outside of the game/parade all over SoCal. Florida is fun, and Iowa fans have been able to discover the many things there over the past 15 years, but this bowl game trip wise is very special. Plus...we have a top 5 team to cheer on.

Driving there is a viable and fun alternative for many. Gas prices down and a road trip through some beautiful countryside with family or friends makes for a lifetime memory. You will be sharing the roadways with thousands of other Hawkeye fans as well. I have not forgotten that journey from years ago, and win or lose, you won't either. Enjoy.

I certainly haven't been pleased at all with the high prices, but I have two teenage boys and for our family, it's a once in a lifetime endeavor. So I shelled out $1,450/ticket for 4 tickets to sit just a few rows up from the field on the 30 yard line. To mitigate the cost of that, we are going Griswold Family style and taking 4 days to drive there. We are leaving Christmas Day after presents are opened and taking the southern route thru Dodge City, Santa Fe, stop at the Grand Canyon and make our way into Pasadena. While it's certainly a pretty penny, it is worth it to us!

Very good but I hope your low row number doesnt bum you out. I think the Rose Bowl may have closed some of the really low rows where you could hardly see the game action.

I certainly haven't been pleased at all with the high prices, but I have two teenage boys and for our family, it's a once in a lifetime endeavor. So I shelled out $1,450/ticket for 4 tickets to sit just a few rows up from the field on the 30 yard line. To mitigate the cost of that, we are going Griswold Family style and taking 4 days to drive there. We are leaving Christmas Day after presents are opened and taking the southern route thru Dodge City, Santa Fe, stop at the Grand Canyon and make our way into Pasadena. While it's certainly a pretty penny, it is worth it to us!

We did the same family trip in 1981 for the 82 Rose Bowl, except we started from Chicago, and started a great family tradition of attending every Iowa bowl game since, looking forward to Rose Bowl #4 probably be my parents last bowl game what a way to go out, it really is a great event. Hope you and your family have as much fun as we did back in 1981. We even went in a family queen truckster style station wagon.