What is the Mayor thinking?

I agree and have argued about it. It's probably happened on occasion but it's become urban legend and those who have fallen for it frustrate me.

ISU brings in 3 PG for next year. 2 frosh and a juco. One needs to step up but they won't be Diante. Diante has been tremendous this year.

What ISU needs at the 1 spot is a good distributor, the other 4 spots on the court will have great talent and ability to put up points.

As a Cyclone fan, I don't like bringing in Lucious, to me he's a slight upgrade over bubu and that's about it, compare their stats their frosh year. In 3 years at MSU he hasn't come close to shooting 40% from the field and not to mention possible character issues. The 3 guards we have coming in next year will all have a year of pt in the system by the time he can play. I hear Bubu is looking for a scholly somewhere, so he might be gone. But I just hope KL doesn't shoot the ball, ever or have to start.

I'm not a huge fan of Lucious but he's a big upgrade over Bubu. Of course, Bubu is a RS frosh but still. I'm a big fan of Bubu but not a big fan of his game.

As a Cyclone fan, I don't like bringing in Lucious, to me he's a slight upgrade over bubu and that's about it, compare their stats their frosh year. In 3 years at MSU he hasn't come close to shooting 40% from the field and not to mention possible character issues. The 3 guards we have coming in next year will all have a year of pt in the system by the time he can play. I hear Bubu is looking for a scholly somewhere, so he might be gone. But I just hope KL doesn't shoot the ball, ever or have to start.

How many final 4's has Babu played in again?

I'm sure plenty of D-3 schools will be happy to have him.

My only complaint about this one is I think Lucious is incredibly overrated. IMO this is one risk that isn't worth it, and he's only one of two guys that has any legal stuff in his past. But it's Fred's show and he knows the team better than I do.

I'm sure plenty of D-3 schools will be happy to have him.

Honestly he'd probably go to a D-2 school since he's already burned his redshirt. He could be a very solid contributor by his junior year IMO, but he'll never be a Big 12 starter. I hope he stays but I understand the desire for a scholarship. However if you don't think he could help a D-1 team you're kidding yourself.

I believe Fred is on the right side of the bell curve and I think you can attribute it to his professional experience. He grew up playing college ball in an atmosphere of 4-5 years and you move on to your career, perhaps professional ball. It is changing quickly where the star recruits are 1 or 2 years and moving on to the pros. He recognizes that all the real good players are in a state of transition much like the NBA. He is open to accepting good players who aren't happy or not wanted at other schools and they are open to Fred having many contacts to help them transition to where they want to be. The NBA. In addition they are seeing a game style and tempo more in line with what the NBA plays which gives them a better chance to move up. In short, he's treating other schools, particularly the Big 10, as if they were "feeder" schools and he can do this because the players coming in, think of him as an asset they can use. I think it's very astute on his part to see this opening.

Whomever gets Brandon Davies is going to be ecstatic. Great kid and a very good basketball player. Jimmer gets all the press, but without Davies, BYU goes from at least a 2 seed to 5 or below.

Anybody else think that we should maybe take a strong look at him? 6'9", can run the floor very well, hits the glass, 52% from the field, apparently a pretty decent passer (1.5 apg). That's a player that could really help us out a lot.

Honestly he'd probably go to a D-2 school since he's already burned his redshirt. He could be a very solid contributor by his junior year IMO, but he'll never be a Big 12 starter. I hope he stays but I understand the desire for a scholarship. However if you don't think he could help a D-1 team you're kidding yourself.

He barely played on a bad team with no depth. He's not helping any major D-1 schools out, maybe low major D-1 schools he could help.

Anybody else think that we should maybe take a strong look at him? 6'9", can run the floor very well, hits the glass, 52% from the field, apparently a pretty decent passer (1.5 apg). That's a player that could really help us out a lot.

No because he likes to have sex with girls and that's apparently bad.

He barely played on a bad team with no depth. He's not helping any major D-1 schools out, maybe low major D-1 schools he could help.

I didn't say he would. But there are plenty of mid/low major D-1 schools who would love to have him. He has one fewer double digit scoring conference game than Marble and plenty of people rightly rushed to his defense on this board. They are both freshman and have the ability to improve and I think by the time both are upperclassmen they'll be pretty decent players. Not great, but solid. Call me crazy.

Slight upgrade over Bubu? Bubu stinks. He played this year only because he was the only backup guard we had. Once the players come in next year, Bubu won't play at all. Comparing Bubu Palo to Korie Lucious is crazy.

Fred's taking a risk, but I also wish Fran was taking that risk. Iowa State will have serious talent next year. We need to do whatever we can to upgrade that talent as well

Hey we just got rid of Wegher we don't need another guy on campus knocking up girls left and right.

Two completely different situations. Davies was actually having sex with his girlfriend. Wegher was having sex with everyone else's girlfriends.

Slight upgrade over Bubu? Bubu stinks. He played this year only because he was the only backup guard we had. Once the players come in next year, Bubu won't play at all. Comparing Bubu Palo to Korie Lucious is crazy.

Fred's taking a risk, but I also wish Fran was taking that risk. Iowa State will have serious talent next year. We need to do whatever we can to upgrade that talent as well

Are we having a little trouble determining our identity?

Two completely different situations. Davies was actually having sex with his girlfriend. Wegher was having sex with everyone else's girlfriends.

Do you know how hard it is to get BYU girls to put out? If he can do that, just think of the damage he will do on the Iowa City jersey chasers.

has he even been dismissed from the team? I thought he was just under a suspension of a year or similar shorter-than-permanent suspension.

There are several ways to approach a rebuild no reason why both ways cannot work.

For Fred taking in all the transfers was pretty easy, he could take in 4 or 5 and still have scholly's available for 3 high school players and 1 JC. (I know one of the players is now going to do prep school so its now 2 and 1) That pretty much tells you how few actual players the Clones had available.

Fran I think had what 9 or 10 guys on scholly he loses 1 in Cole.
So 8, signed a couple, 1 or 2 in the spring gives him 11 or 12. And who's to say he is not looking at a transfer or 2 to fill it out.

Latest posts