What is it with this team’s obsession with outside noise...

It's possible. I think they're worn out. They look worn out. I think the pre-season S&C coaches and workout routine need to be scrapped. I don't see the same energy in this team that I saw in the first 20 games of the season. I'd be more inclined to believe that theory than the "players have quit" theory. But who knows?
I remember the stretch between Minnesota and the first Rutgers game where we played three games in nineteen days, two of them at home. I thought that would be a good time to rest legs and let the normal bumps and bruises heal, get a quick breather before the stretch run. Who knows what they did with that time.

Like seriously. Are people just walking up to them on the streets of Iowa City saying they suck to their face?... highly doubtful.

If you can’t take the internet bullies turn off the twitter machine. Fran should have banned it long ago. Kirk was ahead of his time with that.
Iowa football players are only not allowed to tweet with Twitter. Doesn't mean they don't have twitter and read what people say. It's also possible that they have burner accounts.

I don't get why the players don't use this negativity as motivation. Why not go down the road of "its us against the world."

It's possible. I think they're worn out. They look worn out. I think the pre-season S&C coaches and workout routine need to be scrapped. I don't see the same energy in this team that I saw in the first 20 games of the season. I'd be more inclined to believe that theory than the "players have quit" theory. But who knows?

If they were worn out, wouldn't they at least have energy at the beginning of the games? They come out with no effort at all from the tip.