What is Hassell's deal?

tmurph2643

I don't live in the Des Moines area and I had been following Chris Hassell on Twitter, obviously the guy is a Clone fan which is not a big deal as I am willing to support all teams in the state. However, ever since the ISU loss the guy has felt like he should take unnecessary shots at the Hawks which is just absolutely absurd. (Why I no longer follow him). I'm just curious if this has always been this way and I didn't pay enough attention to notice, or is it sour grapes because Iowa is still playing and ISU is not? I think this guy may have officially passed "the mouth", Dan Dakich, among other idiot sports media as the top dog.

Thank you Jon, Stormin', and the other HawkeyeNation journalists for not stooping to this level... shows great integrity from those that cover the Hawks.

I'm going to guess that there is not a single ISU fan that cares that Iowa is still playing and ISU is not considering where both teams played in the post season.

Quote from Sunday after the game. "Another kick to the stones. Still would rather be an ISU fan puking than Iowa fan watching NIT".

Tonights Quote: "Carver Hawkeye Arena half empty for round of 32 game with top-seeded ND. Iowa fans refusing to watch backcourt violation-less bball".

Just comes off as taken shots at both mens and womens bball... I guess..

If you are referring to Chris Hassel, he is a big Iowa fan. I don't know what living around Des Moines has anything to do with it. He now works for ESPN and gives the Hawks props every chance he gets. I just got done reading his tweets going back to March 16 and saw absolutely no clone bias.

Quote from Sunday after the game. "Another kick to the stones. Still would rather be an ISU fan puking than Iowa fan watching NIT".

Tonights Quote: "Carver Hawkeye Arena half empty for round of 32 game with top-seeded ND. Iowa fans refusing to watch backcourt violation-less bball".

Just comes off as taken shots at both mens and womens bball... I guess..

1st tweet is making a point that losing in the NCAA is still better than playing in the NCAA...which most agree with

2nd tweet is a shot at the lack of popularity for womens college basketball

Ok. Thanks for the clarity.. I was really confused and assumed he worked for ESPN Radio out of DSM. As for the Clone thing, the other suggestions on Twitter actually suggest CloneInsider and other ISU crap... leading to my assumption.

Horrible assumption... who is the @ss now?? That would be this guy! I guess we all make mistakes.

Once again, I appreciate it!

Thanks.. haha... I'm always wrong (Ask my wife), I'm used to it. Ironically, I read the first quote to her and she thought the same thing I did and she went to ISU. I'm just not very familiar with the guy for whatever reason.

He's a huge Hawk fan that has been jaded by the last few years of football. Combine that with the fact he was forced to cover ISU sports so he developed relationships with Paul and Fred and sometimes it can seem he's an ISU lead. Trust me, he still bleeds black and gold.

1st tweet is making a point that losing in the NCAA is still better than playing in the NCAA...which most agree with

2nd tweet is a shot at the lack of popularity for womens college basketball

Agree with 1st tweet. As for second tweet, was watching the game last night and said, "gawd women's basketball is boring. I'm going to bed." My wife, who played basketball in college, refuses to watch women's bball because it's so slow.

He's from Muscatine and a die hard Hawk fan. It just shows how good he is at his job that Hawk fans think he's a Cyclone fan......and Cyclone fans think he's a Hawk fan.

It means he's doing a good job of being down the middle despite his feelings for Iowa

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha, Hok fan butt hurt by hok fan media guy. This thread is full of fail.

I'm going to guess that there is not a single ISU fan that cares that Iowa is still playing and ISU is not considering where both teams played in the post season.

Well my Dad and brother are both die hard Cyclone fans (both graduated from ISU), and they are still enjoying watching the Hawks season continue. So I'm going to guess you're wrong about there not being a single ISU fan who cares.

2nd tweet is a shot at the lack of popularity for womens college basketball[/QUOTE]

Can he even get away with that type of stuff anymore now that ESPN is signing his checks?

Latest posts