What is Hassell's deal?

Nope. St. Ambrose. I remember watching the university channel and thinking everyone on there was just terrible except him. Turns out he was actually pretty good. But everyone else was still terrible.

Huh, he is a Fightin Bee, did not know that. For some reason I thought he was a Drake grad.

Last edited:
I think it's hilarious that everybody always thinks the local media is a fan of the other in-state team.

He has said that he failed the ACTs the first time because he left early to watch the Michigan-Iowa game. Sounds dedicated.

hassel won the contest several years ago and got to do play by play on the radio during an iowa football game. he was better than dolph.

I think he, Murph and Andy try way to hard to be funny...I will agree they have their moments. "I'd tounge my b***s to drive a Stivers Ford" comes to mind.

murph, you are a bigger man than most. Props for admitting your misunderstanding.

Agree with 1st tweet. As for second tweet, was watching the game last night and said, "gawd women's basketball is boring. I'm going to bed." My wife, who played basketball in college, refuses to watch women's bball because it's so slow.

How can women play basketball when they are supposed to be in the kitchen with the kids?

It just shows how good he is at his job that Hawk fans think he's a Cyclone fan......and Cyclone fans think he's a Hawk fan.

That doesn't mean he's good, it could (and does) just mean he is annoying.

I don't care what color he bleeds, he's a ******.

Ok, I came back today hoping this thread was dead. I would like to thank HawkeyeNation for allowing one of my "finest" moments to continue on. Please keep posting. :)

I think it's hilarious that everybody always thinks the local media is a fan of the other in-state team.

Man that beat writer for New Mexico who quit is a joke. What was your take on him? A beat writer should NEVER be a fan of the team they cover. Seems like too many college sports writers are more fans than anything and never offer good coverage.

Latest posts