What is "better next year" to you?

with the crap basket Iowa fans have been forced to endure this season, "better next year" better be a 5 seed or better in the NCAA tournament.

Every stud PG has dribble penetration skills. Once they get past it’s the rim protectors and dominant rebounders that control the game . Our paint defense is what is killing us the most

I would disagree. It's not the rim protectors that hurt us as much as a lack of defensive rotation. When a guard gets by his man outside, the rim protector comes up and there HAS to be a defensive rotation to cover up for the rim protector. That is not happening.

But as ArvadaHawk rightly states, it's all about the guard play out front. If the guards keep their guys in front of them the rim protector never has to go out to meet the penetrating guard and there is no reason for defensive rotation.

Too much talent returning in conference to make that big a move, especially with the slightly more balanced schedule.
I disagree. Michigan State will lose 2 underclassmen to the NBA. Purdue loses 4 of their top 5. Ohio State loses their top 3 if Bates-Diop leaves. Their is not a talent gap between 4th place Nebraska and Iowa going into next season IMO.

I disagree. Michigan State will lose 2 underclassmen to the NBA. Purdue loses 4 of their top 5. Ohio State loses their top 3 if Bates-Diop leaves. Their is not a talent gap between 4th place Nebraska and Iowa going into next season IMO.

Nebraska might lose Palmer next year, he's probably the best 2 in the league.

AKA...slow afoot...throughout the lineup...

I know what you're saying. but i think Garza and Nunge think too much on defense, so they're slow to get where there need to be. don't know that that is slow footed, but it can appear that way. I don't think Moss is slow footed, but he's stuck in neutral for too long and too often.

A better record won't take much. I think an average defensive team next year will add 8 to 10 wins with the returning guys. Now add in 3 quality players...including CM since he's been hurt/sick all season.

My expectation for next year is 2 non conference losses or less and no worse than 12-6 in the conference. I expect us to make it to Saturday of the BTT and the 2nd weekend of the NCAA.

I believe Cook, Bohannon and Wieskamp (All Freshmen Team) have a legitimate chance at 1st or 2nd Team All Conference...if they all stay healthy.
You are smokin’ crack... wake up -players just not that good, and coach nothing special either 12-6 teams are terrific in both areas....

Latest posts