What is a Tavernhok?

Gewehr43

Hey guys - I'm new here (transplant from The Other Site). What is a tavernhok exactly? I've seen this a couple times and it's funny, I'm just trying to piece it together from context. Not trying to troll or start flames, just think it's funny and wanted to know. Thanks

not_this_sheet_again.jpg

There's a whole group of Des Moines area Iowa fans that get together weekly at "The Tavern" in Valley Junction to talk Hawkeye sports. It's a bit like an unofficial I-Club meeting. If you want to attend, they meet on Tuesdays at 11:30 AM.

Not. sure. if. srs.

This is from Clowns claiming that most Iowa "fans" never even set foot in Iowa City let alone attended the U of I, while they are loyal and true alumni of the Ames Community Clown College.

Sitting in a bar watching the Ioa Hoks on TV (get it! No "W"s! Aren't Clowns so klever?) hence the name.
Anyway, it's a term of derision.

Hey guys - I'm new here (transplant from The Other Site). What is a tavernhok exactly? I've seen this a couple times and it's funny, I'm just trying to piece it together from context. Not trying to troll or start flames, just think it's funny and wanted to know. Thanks
If you have to ask, look in the mirror. Your answer lies there.

That, my friend, is this year's must overused cliche.

When you try to troll, you have to act completely clueless about a situation. By implying that you find humor in the term "tavernhokk" you are clearly stating that you know what it means. Probably a better approach for when you register your next alt would be for you try something along these lines:

Hey guys, I was down at the Mustard's on Merle Hay Road for dinner (the noon meal) today. This group of toothless Iowa State fans pulled up next to my 1998 Ford Probe in a totally run down pickup truck not dissimilar to the one Lee Majors drove in the hit TV show The Fall Guy. One of the three clown fans in the backof the truck (who happened to look just like Cooter) noticed my Tim Dwight jersey and asked me if I was a TavernHokk. I didn't know what it meant so I didn't answer him and then the whole group started calling me names, like dumb, slow and Forrest. Just so that I know in case that ever happens again, can someone please explain what a TavernHokk is?

TIA,

Gewehr43

first time caller, long time listener, love the show. I have two questions and a comment, then I'll hang up and listen. What's a TAvernhok and what bar? Go Hawks. [cllick]

When you try to troll, you have to act completely clueless about a situation. By implying that you find humor in the term "tavernhokk" you are clearly stating that you know what it means. Probably a better approach for when you register your next alt would be for you try something along these lines:

Hey guys, I was down at the Mustard's on Merle Hay Road for dinner (the noon meal) today. This group of toothless Iowa State fans pulled up next to my 1998 Ford Probe in a totally run down pickup truck not dissimilar to the one Lee Majors drove in the hit TV show The Fall Guy. One of the three clown fans in the backof the truck (who happened to look just like Cooter) noticed my Tim Dwight jersey and asked me if I was a TavernHokk. I didn't know what it meant so I didn't answer him and then the whole group started calling me names, like dumb, slow and Forrest. Just so that I know in case that ever happens again, can someone please explain what a TavernHokk is?

TIA,

Gewehr43
I used to crush Mustard's when I lived in Des Tucky. Imma go there next time I visit.

Better question is if you can alternatively be called a MaidRiteHok or a LoosemeatHok? Srsly, why are there so many terms for a Sloppy Joe?

Better question is if you can alternatively be called a MaidRiteHok or a LoosemeatHok? Srsly, why are there so many terms for a Sloppy Joe?

There are a lot of varieties. The Maid Rite sammich has almost nothing in common with a Manwich, for instance.

I define it as someone similar to Notre Dame and their subway alumni; someone who has never attended SUI but still supports their teams. It could be seen as those who jump on the bandwagon once the team starts winning.

I define it as someone similar to Notre Dame and their subway alumni; someone who has never attended SUI but still supports their teams. It could be seen as those who jump on the bandwagon once the team starts winning.
Is it any surprise a guy like this emerges in the middle of a winning streak?

So you are saying the word taverhok is unknown on the other site? Is that what you're going with? Weak sauce bro, very weak.

Latest posts