What is a Dukes Mayo Bowl?

Motigerhawk

Just saw on Yahoo sports this is where Iowa was projected to land, playing Virginia.

Where is this played?

These bowl games are getting ridiculous.

Previous sponsor was Belk, a department store chain based in Charlotte. Bowl just now picked up B1G as a participant. Previously it was ACC vs ? I think SEC. Played in Bank of America stadium same stadium as the Carolina Panthers.

It might be decent fall weather by Iowa standards. IMO most likely 40's and raining...of course it could be 68 and sunny too.

1607046261374.png

Last edited:
We need to skip all this chamber-of-commerce bowl garbage this year and play ISUx in a bowl game.
Kinnick, Trice or Neutral....it would matter not.

Would actually be a good game.

Charlotte's not a bad city, used to work for a corp based there. The stadium where the Panthers play is pretty cool.
Duke's mayo is legendary in the south...a really strong brand with the $$ to buy a bowl sponsorship.

Duke's mayo is legendary in the south...a really strong brand with the $$ to buy a bowl sponsorship.

I live pretty close to the factory. I had never heard of it before moving down here, but now I won't buy anything else. I can't believe I used to eat Miracle Whip.

A private equity fund bought the company and they are really focusing on extending the national distribution and marketing. A bowl game with a Big Ten tie in is a great marketing strategy for them because the Midwest is a good potential market for them. Once people up there start trying this mayo, they'll be hooked.

I live pretty close to the factory. I had never heard of it before moving down here, but now I won't buy anything else. I can't believe I used to eat Miracle Whip.

A private equity fund bought the company and they are really focusing on extending the national distribution and marketing. A bowl game with a Big Ten tie in is a great marketing strategy for them because the Midwest is a good potential market for them. Once people up there start trying this mayo, they'll be hooked.
I second this endorsement!

You're better 7/8ths is from Nippon, I'm assuming you've tried Japanese mayo.

That shit is so much better than the American version. I live in BFE so I have to buy it on Amazon.

You're better 7/8ths is from Nippon, I'm assuming you've tried Japanese mayo.

That shit is so much better than the American version. I live in BFE so I have to buy it on Amazon.

She will buy Kewpie (the kind in the soft squeeze bottle with the red lid) maybe once a year from the Japanese grocery store here but she is firmly Team Duke as well. She only uses Kewpie for very limited things, like as a topping on scallion pancakes or for takoyaki where she wants that squeeze style.

Whenever I smoke chicken on my PBC, I always do two of them. One of them is almost always dedicated to making a smoked chicken salad. Duke's, chicken, onion, celery, squirt of mustard, squirt of lemon juice, olive oil, bit of S&P and then a quick look through the fridge if we're adventurous, maybe some apple or something. It is amazing. Duke's is really the key to it, though.

bingo

Last edited:
I do love my Miracle Whip, but all this talk is making me want to try Duke's. I'll have to get online find some.

You all just made me go onto Amazon and purchase an 8 ounce jar of it.

This better be good OK4P!!!

This guy sees Duke's on the shelf and buys the other brand. I tried it once and didn't care for it.

Latest posts