What Iowa football stories do you want to see?

How about a story on how the coaching staff develops the offensive line every year... and what challenges they face at the beginning of the year, that seem to resolve themselves as the season goes on.

An in depth article on the season and the players of Evy's two Rose Bowl games.

An article trying to get to the truth of the Evy/Nagle story.

A story talking about the former Fry people that are now head coaches...and if there is any other former coach that has more than Fry.

A short story of the game Eddie Podolak had against Northwestern in his senior year.

A story on the greatest success stories of former Hawks in the NFL/AFL.

How many former Hawk head football coaches are still with us and what are they doing now...

What was the most successful year all around for all Hawk sports....ie: football, men's and women's basketball, baseball, wrestling...etc....would guess that would be a Fry, Gable, Stringer...etc. year.

Last edited:
I think a cool story would be following a player..... or a coach ..... around for the day.

Give us detailed descriptions of what a day is like inside the life of a true hawkeye.

There are those on this board that have some inside knowledge of the goings on at Fort Kinnick. I'd like to find out who are the up and comers that the guys in the program really thinks have a shot to be special. Which walk-ons really have a shot at contributing? Some guys just have the motor...give us some names.

Usually during bowl prep, we hear of three or four players that really are tearing things up, but I don't recall any info on that front this past year.

I'd like to see a story about the scout team guys...the ones that work their butts off all year, running the opponent's offense or D and pushing the starters. Unsung heroes.

Given that we are 208 days away, what would you like to see written on the Iowa football team? There will be scores of stories we put out between now and then, and some usual pieces I have done through the years.

But I am always looking for new ideas...so if you have some unique takes that you would like to see investigated and written about, post them here and we'll see what we can do.

BUT...we can Call this the Hawkeye Project...if there is something you have a burning desire to write yourself, give it a go, send it to us and we will consider publishing it on the site. With Thousands of Hawkeye fans banging away at their keyboards over the next 208 days, we are bound to help pass the time quickly :)

I'd like to read about what it is like to work out with Doyle--what exercises are done, what diet the players are advised to have, how much sleep they are advised to have, etc. We always hear about how much Doyle improves the strength, size, and speed of the football players, but never hear about why he is successful or why he is more successful than his counterparts at other universities.

Agree... I would like to learn more about the guys on the scout team and their experiences.

I'd like to see a story about the scout team guys...the ones that work their butts off all year, running the opponent's offense or D and pushing the starters. Unsung heroes.

I'd like to see stories about significant games in Iowa history...not just the obvious ones, but others...like Evy's first Big 10 win, etc, going back as far as possible.

As others have mentioned, I would love to see something on Doyle and the workout/diets he has the players on off-season and on.

Would also love to hear an in depth Norm Parker interview that gets into X's and O's on specific teams from the past, and how he has went about drawing up a game plan.

Call me weird but I'd like to know how all the equipment and stuff is moved and such for an away game such as Penn State. How many people involved, trucks used, etc.

Call me weird but I would like to see a story on the logistics of how all the equipment is moved for an away game such as going to Penn State. How many people, trucks, etc. are needed to get the stuff from point A to point B.

O.K. Jon, here is one for your abilities.,.....we need a story on the history of Emlen Tunnell and how he became one of the best former Hawks to ever play in the NFL.

Let's see what kind of Hawkeye roots you can really dig up.

Latest posts