What I'm hearing on transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocGasser

I am pretty connected to the current staff and team. I donate quite a bit of money and go to all home and away games. It sounds like we will be losing three players the end of the current season. It's a shame but we will get through it.
I hope the staff can land a couple of quality guards and a big this spring.

It's a shame but we will get through it.

If you are correct, and we lose three more players, then I really do NOT think we will get through it. It will be Liickliter's undoing, and in my opinion, SHOULD be it for him as far as I'm concerned. If you can't keep players in the program, how on earth do you succeed?

How many years in a row can you lose players and have to start over? That will get us nowhere. Next year will be no different than this year if we lose that many more players.

Wow is all I can say if true. I'm going to try and hold judgment until this happens. I think more multiple transfers at the end of the season would be devastating to the bball program. I'd like to know their reasoning.

If you are correct, and we lose three more players, then I really do NOT think we will get through it. It will be Liickliter's undoing, and in my opinion, SHOULD be it for him as far as I'm concerned. If you can't keep players in the program, how on earth do you succeed?

How many years in a row can you lose players and have to start over? That will get us nowhere. Next year will be no different than this year if we lose that many more players.

I agree, if more do leave then Lick needs to be shown the door with them. This is getting ridiculous and the only reason Iowa is a young team is because of transfers the last 2 years.

I'm sick and tired of hearing how young Iowa and they are but it is because players leave and get replaced with freshman and this has to stop now and not later. It's at the point now where he can't even keep his own players here and not the players he inherited so that tells me this program has some major internal issues that need fixed ASAP.

Fire him now...this is ridiculous. This sets us back at least another year. Realistically we can't look forward to the NCAA's till AT LEAST 2013. Lick has ruined a once proud program.

I am pretty connected to the current staff and team. I donate quite a bit of money and go to all home and away games. It sounds like we will be losing three players the end of the current season. It's a shame but we will get through it.

Wow, if you are being serious, this is something. Can this staff survive 3 more transfers?

Barta has no choice...he has to fire Lick at the end of the year. There are enough season ticket holders this year where Iowa bball will likely turn a profit. No way that happens next year without a new coach.

Damn right he knows. They left because they were selfish and couldn't play within system. They didn't deserve to be Hawkeyes. We are better without them! This is it! Go Hawks!

Damn right he knows. They left because they were selfish and couldn't play within system. They didn't deserve to be Hawkeyes. We are better without them! This is it! Go Hawks!
Wow, are you serious?

I'm friends with a former player, and we had a conversation one night about all this. I'm not going to mention who it was. But the fact that Tyler Smith had one practice with Lickliter and didn't come back is alarming. He's man enough to not throw the coaching staff on an island. So is the fact that Jake Kelly new he was leaving Iowa in December.

You have to be the biggest Lickliter apologist yet. Impressive. Keep up the positive posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts