what if Kirk was winning 9 games

BILLBUCKNER

a year or averaging it. But was still failing to play in the Big title game. Would you still want him gone given his boring style of play?

edit..lets say he does get to BIG title and even wins..Still avg 9 games with some 6-6 mixed in.

HW I feel for ya man, living in Omaha? Yikes....i just stayed in Lincoln last night...had no idea that Pelini was let go....until today.....I agree w/your assessment though on wins

I assume the coaches and players have goals of 1. win every game and win Nat Championship
2. win big 10
3. win big 10 west
4. win each weeks contest
5. win each battle/assignment

If KF and the hawks avgd 9 wins a year, winning the West Division every few years on avg and a big 10 championship even once a decade I would be satisfied with that.

I dont think he can do it with boring offense, no big runs and few big passes, unless the defense is super exciting. So to summarize if he can do the above i assume the offense is pretty good as is the defense.

I would go for that with about any coach at Iowa. But again this year isnt close, last year missed but was OK, 2012 was bad and 2011 wasnt there as was 2010 was not.

So he has done it once in the last six years with teh 2009 year. but no championships.

I really only expect the hawks to avg 1 Big 10 Championship roughly each decade.

If we win 9 games a year, that means we beat ISU, the mac schools, Maryland, and all the other teams we out talent.

I'd be happy with a 9-3 average, for sure. And doing that, Iowa would certainly win the division from time to time.

Funny how losing a couple games we shouldn't (ISU, etc.) and/or blowing a game that we had in hand (Nebby this year, NW in 2005, etc.) turns what should have been a 9-3 season into 7-5.

HW I feel for ya man, living in Omaha? Yikes....i just stayed in Lincoln last night...had no idea that Pelini was let go....until today.....I agree w/your assessment though on wins

It can be brutal. Fridays game was hard to take, cause I just knew we needed one more score. It would have been great to have another win against nebby. Now I will hear it all year. Ugh.

Averaging 9 wins is pretty Fing good. I think the problem with Bo was, none of those years came with great results in 1 year. I'd rather win 7 3 of those years, 11 3 of those year, and have 1 9 win season. That would more than likely put you in 3 B1G championship games, and heck maybe another one in the 9 win season.

I assume the coaches and players have goals of 1. win every game and win Nat Championship
2. win big 10
3. win big 10 west
4. win each weeks contest
5. win each battle/assignment

If KF and the hawks avgd 9 wins a year, winning the West Division every few years on avg and a big 10 championship even once a decade I would be satisfied with that.

I dont think he can do it with boring offense, no big runs and few big passes, unless the defense is super exciting. So to summarize if he can do the above i assume the offense is pretty good as is the defense.

I would go for that with about any coach at Iowa. But again this year isnt close, last year missed but was OK, 2012 was bad and 2011 wasnt there as was 2010 was not.

So he has done it once in the last six years with teh 2009 year. but no championships.

I really only expect the hawks to avg 1 Big 10 Championship roughly each decade.

Ferentz probably has the goal to win the west. There is no chance in hell that any coach at Iowa has the goal every year to win a national title.

Ferentz probably has the goal to win the west. There is no chance in hell that any coach at Iowa has the goal every year to win a national title.

Every coach, including KF, has the goal of winning the NC, to start every year. Some verbalize it, most dont.

Bo Pelini's worst 5 year stretch at Nebby: 9.4 wins/year

Ferentz's best 5 year stretch earning him a lifetime contract: 9.2 wins/year.
The rest of his tenure? 6.3 wins/year.
I don't understand how anyone can still think he is the right man for Iowa going forward. The longer he sticks around, the harder it will be for the next guy.

Latest posts