What I don't like w/ Nebraska joining the Big Ten in BB

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Is now we'll never get away from the unbalanced schedule. Some rumors were out that we could possibly get to 20 conference games to see that you play everyone twice. Now there's no chance of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see conf games get parred back to 16 now.

I see no reason why they would back down to 16 conference games.
I think 18 is about right, and yes, it would be nice if that meant a home and away but at least we are not at the Big East mega-league numbers. We will go to four schools we play once now, and that is unfortunate,but on the bright side, we may get Nebraska twice! The schedule will have an even greater impact on the ultimate winner,no doubt.

I think the right number is 16

5x2=10 games vs schools in your FB division + 6x1=6 games vs the other FB division

I really don't care as long as we getta play ball....

I think everyone should be mad from a basketball standpoint because UNL brings nothing in terms of basketball. Also, Doc Sadler will quickly become one of the most hated coaches in the league. His southern twang is not going to be a very good fit in the Big Ten.

I think the right number is 16

5x2=10 games vs schools in your FB division + 6x1=6 games vs the other FB division

If the divisions are split just by geography and its:

East:
Penn St, Mich, Mich St, Indiana, Purdue, Ohio St

West:
Illinois, N'western, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin,

Illinois would love that schedule. It would be them and Wisconsin fighting it out almost every year. The East would be brutal, especially if Crean gets Indiana turned around.

If the divisions are split just by geography and its:

East:
Penn St, Mich, Mich St, Indiana, Purdue, Ohio St

West:
Illinois, N'western, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin,

Illinois would love that schedule. It would be them and Wisconsin fighting it out almost every year. The East would be brutal, especially if Crean gets Indiana turned around.

Uh, I think we're able to compete now, especially if Macman gets us turned around.

I think having the chance to play Nebraska twice a year will be a great thing. We can already count those two games as victories in 2011!

You couldn't be more right Lawdawg! Course, if the B10 does go east/west divisions, with Iowa, Illinois, Wisc, Neb, Minn, and Northwestern in the west, I see good things in Iowa's football future!!!

Latest posts