What I don't get

HawkPhin

We have a dynamic, sub 200 lbs running back and they continually try running him inside where defenders can easily tackle him. Four years ago we had a 235 lbs, sledgehammer FB playing tailback that we continually ran outside zones where defenders had an easier time tracking him down to make a tackle. Wouldn't you think this coaching staff would be smart enough to figure out they're schemes are not fitting the personnel?

We have a dynamic, sub 200 lbs running back and they continually try running him inside where defenders can easily tackle him. Four years ago we had a 235 lbs, sledgehammer FB playing tailback that we continually ran outside zones where defenders had an easier time tracking him down to make a tackle. Wouldn't you think this coaching staff would be smart enough to figure out they're schemes are not fitting the personnel?

sdrawkcab!

That reminds me of 02 when I would pull my hair out watching them make Banks a pocket passer, only to watch Chandler roll out time after time the next year. It was crazy.

Last year he did not weigh enough to get that many attempts we wanted but this year's he's ready to run between the tackles? WTF?

This is exactly my view of KF. I think at times the guy can't get out of his own way. I think he's a perfectionist that just overthinks most of the time. He means well but his perfectionism becomes obstructive to what they could do.

Why when passing was working on the first two drives just to get away from it, because in KF's mind that is not how we play football or win. We have to get back to running the ball first. Even though it was working, had to go back. It's frustrating. Stick with that until NW makes adjustments then you adjust. Krist, they had NW's defense on the ropes the first two drives and could continue to tire them out moving the chains with the pass. They didn't.

KF has to realize that college football doesn't have to be absolutely PERFECT or by the books. I mean if a guy fumbles he yanks them for the rest of the game. Let the young men play. It doesn't have to be perfect. LET THEM PLAY!

He has the players playing so tight there is no room for error. They worry so much about doing it absolutely correct. Yes, that is the goal but don't make that philosophy become obstructive in your program. LOOSEN THE F UP!

drop mic.

Latest posts