What Happens When Ferentz is Done at Iowa?

Who Will be the Next Iowa Football Coach?

• Total voters
If your above numbers are correct, Iowa has averaged 67.55 in offense over those 9 seasons. That sucks! But you'll say I don't know what I'm talking about.

FreedComanche

Actually you are wrong here again...big surprise.

There are now 124 FBS teams so a ranking of 68 would be about average. Not great, not terrible.

Any more brainbusters?

I love the projections that Brian will take over ... I hope some of you are kidding. Brian has not been a head coach at any level. Why in the world do you think he would be ready to take over a Big 10 program anytime soon? He has not even been an OC or a DC. And why would Iowa not expand its search for a proven coach. These may be some of the same fans who were projecting Eric Campbell as the next OC ... You people make me laugh ... I think SOMEday Brian will make a good head coach ... But until he shows he be successful at the OC or DC position there is no way he gets the nod to take over at Iowa. Seriously, I can't believe the number of fans who ACTUALLY think this will happen. Holy cow ... Maybe the same people who thought BJ Armstrong should be our next basketball coach ... Funny

Actually you are wrong here again...big surprise.

There are now 124 FBS teams so a ranking of 68 would be about average. Not great, not terrible.

Any more brainbusters?

Funny that you can't round up, 67.55. And 68 sucks!!!!!!!! Sorry to know that you are ok with being average.

FreedComanche

I love the projections that Brian will take over ... I hope some of you are kidding. Brian has not been a head coach at any level. Why in the world do you think he would be ready to take over a Big 10 program anytime soon? He has not even been an OC or a DC. And why would Iowa not expand its search for a proven coach. These may be some of the same fans who were projecting Eric Campbell as the next OC ... You people make me laugh ... I think SOMEday Brian will make a good head coach ... But until he shows he be successful at the OC or DC position there is no way he gets the nod to take over at Iowa. Seriously, I can't believe the number of fans who ACTUALLY think this will happen. Holy cow ... Maybe the same people who thought BJ Armstrong should be our next basketball coach ... Funny

No, they're not kidding. They are dead serious about it.

You see, when you are infatuated with somebody (his dad), logic goes out the window and delusion rules the day. Not to say he won't be good someday, but it would be super dumb for Iowa to hire him for HC in two years.

FreedComanche

To be honest, most years, with our defense, an average offense will win us 8 games....and, back to the subject. You two need to hug this out.

You see, when you are infatuated with somebody (his dad), logic goes out the window and delusion rules the day. Not to say he won't be good someday, but it would be super dumb for Iowa to hire him for HC in two years.

these are the kinds of things that bother me about you. i'm one of those that said they believe brian will be the next head coach. has nothing to do with his dad as you seem to think. i'm not infatuated with his dad. i'm not in the "ferentz can do no wrong" crowd, and i'm also not in your crowd of "ferentz is the worst coach in the history of the world".

i like what brian has to say. i like the fire he seems to bring to the table. i like that he's invested in the iowa football program. i like that he's young and full of energy. i think he could be an excellent head coach. who knows, i could be wrong that he's the next head coach and more than likely am. but just because my opinion differs from yours does not make me "delusional" or "infatuated" with his dad.

you always say you won't respond when someone calls you names, well calling me delusional is the same thing. so practice what you preach and maybe you will get the respect you think you deserve

FreedComanche

FreedComanche

I think there are many that have had it with Kirk's predictable ways, but think Brian has potential. (they're capable of separating the two) With a little more experience Brian might bring the best of Kirk while leaving behind his stubbornness and lack of imagination. The character of Kirk, with the energy and imagination of a younger coach. In essence...what many wish Kirk was right now.

Had Kirk gone with Brian as OC last year, and things gone well... we might very well be on that path. But now, he'd have to fire GD and move Brian to OC (very risky if we're on the back side of another 4-8 year). If Brian put an aggressive Offense on the field that put points on the board... he'd have a shot to take over in say... 2016 or 2017. Otherwise, they'd both be toast.

Personally I can't wait through too many more sub-500 seasons. I think Davis is Kirk's last hurrah.. he better get it together, and fast.

I'm not saying Brian would make a great head coach, and I'm not saying he wouldn't,but after farming side by side with my dad for all my life, I've watched him make mistakes. I've learned from watching him, and I'll not make the same. I've also watched him make some really great choices, and try to emulate him. Maybe this would be just like that. You guys hugged and made up yet?

Mark Stoops. He was a coach for Bob at OU, Mike at U of A, and OC AT Florida. He now got the head coaching job at Kentucky.

Mark Stoops. He was a coach for Bob at OU, Mike at U of A, and OC AT Florida. He now got the head coaching job at Kentucky.

I often wonder what would of been if we could of gotten Bob stoops. Could he have made a big difference in the recruitment end. I believe he sure could have.

Latest posts