What exactly does KF do that would be so hard to replace?

I think we'd likely have higher highs and the occasional blowout when truly outmatched. I think we would average 9-3.

I disagree on higher highs. The one thing Kirk did well was give us high highs.

The only thing I really care about is being "pretty good" and being fun to watch. I'll always hope for better but honestly for me it's almost more fun to be the underdog. If I was an Alabama fan, I'm not sure I would ever get pumped up for a win. It would be kinda boring. It would just be pissed after a loss and relieved after a win.

I'd say that Iowa has about a 80% chance of remaining exactly what they have been for the past nearly 40 years (since Hayden got here) and that is a 60% winner. I'd say we have a 5% chance of becoming something greater than that over a 10-15 year period. I'd say we have a 15% chance of coming off the rails completely.

Some need to really get their expectations re set. Thinking Iowa is ever going to be a NC level teams is just lala land crazy. Look at what Baylor did, they never won the NC, and their program is gonna go back to the dumps. Look at what MSU did, they never won the NC and their program is coming crashing back down to earth. Look at how good Nebraska used to be, they will never win another NC. Heck Bob Stoops won a NC early, and has yet to win another and they recruit on an elite level. This aint easy, and the odds of Iowa ever winning a NC are less than 1%

I think as long as the West stays set up like it is, it's more 50/50 if we get better or worse. The odds are probably a little better we end up in the top 25 more. I was going to say the odds of top 10 are probably a little worse, but as I type this, I think about how long ago '02-'04 are. I think it's actually really unlikely for Kirk to get top 10s anymore. Too much has changed since then. Because of who Kirk is now, maybe the odds of improving is slightly better than the odds of going backwards.