What every fan likes to hear from a new commit!

Uhhh... congrats to Iowa State for picking this kid up? Honestly, does anyone else who doesn't have a "clone" or "mesa" in their username care?

It seems they do? They care a LOT about ISU if this website is any indication? It's amazing how much Iowa fans care about ISU. Nearly half the posts over here it seems have to do with ISU. I can't believe the envy!:)

Am I the only one lost here? The link went to the front page. If you expect me to go through every link on a Cyclone site you're sadly mistaken.

Did he say something of interest to an Iowa fan? If he did, please let us know. If not, why is this even posted here?

It seems they do? They care a LOT about ISU if this website is any indication? It's amazing how much Iowa fans care about ISU. Nearly half the posts over here it seems have to do with ISU. I can't believe the envy!:)

So does this mean that since there are Cyclones that post on Hawkeye Nation about their recruits, we get to do the same on CF?... without getting banned immediately?

Last edited:
A couple points. The kid is in high school, not junior college as someone asserted earlier.

Second, I highly doubt someone going to Cyclonefanatic's recruiting board and simply stating how happy a recruit was with going to Iowa...without cutting down or mentioning ISU in any negative way...would be banned. Just not buying it as I've seen far worse stuff over there that didn't result in a banning.

Third, either you think a hair trigger on a message board is a bad thing...and by your criticism of Cyfanatic it seems many do...or you don't. If you don't, it seems hypocritical to be unhappy with a post about recruiting at a rival school of Iowa...a post which said nothing negative about Iowa AND was interesting enough to warrant two pages of response from Iowa fans.

Fourth. Some of you simply need to lighten up.

I haven't said anything about the recruit's potential. I only found his comment about "everything" at ISU blowing away UCLA, USC, and LSU pretty divorced from reality.

Am I the only one lost here? The link went to the front page. If you expect me to go through every link on a Cyclone site you're sadly mistaken.

Did he say something of interest to an Iowa fan? If he did, please let us know. If not, why is this even posted here?

I posted the link to CF Because Mesa needed a reminder of where Cyclone related material needed to be posted. Apparently he missed the black and gold coloring of this site, and the big letters spelling out "hawkeyenation"...

A couple points. The kid is in high school, not junior college as someone asserted earlier.

Second, I highly doubt someone going to Cyclonefanatic's recruiting board and simply stating how happy a recruit was with going to Iowa...without cutting down or mentioning ISU in any negative way...would be banned. Just not buying it as I've seen far worse stuff over there that didn't result in a banning.

Third, either you think a hair trigger on a message board is a bad thing...and by your criticism of Cyfanatic it seems many do...or you don't. If you don't, it seems hypocritical to be unhappy with a post about recruiting at a rival school of Iowa...a post which said nothing negative about Iowa AND was interesting enough to warrant two pages of response from Iowa fans.

Fourth. Some of you simply need to lighten up.

You make some good points here, but a couple questions remain.

Why post it here? Why would Iowa fans care what an ISU recruit has to say about the ISU campus? You're getting same response on this board that an Iowa fan would get if he/she posted the same thing on CF. What kind of reaction were you expecting?

Iowa recruits against its competition. Iowa State recruits against FCS and non BCS schools. I realize Iowa usually has a few under the radar kids, but they certainly beat out schools above the level of CSU and Nevada.

Ray Hamilton - had offers from Arizona, Boston College, Cal, Cincinnati, Colorado, Florida State, Indiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pitt, Rutgers, Stanford, Syracuse, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Jake Rudock - Illinois, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota

John Raymon - Illinois, NC State, Purdue, West Virginia

Jake Duzey - Cinci, Michigan State, Oregon, Purdue

Riley McMinn - Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin

Like I said, Iowa usually goes after kids that fly under the radar, I get that. However if you look at ISU's current class, and their offers, its a complete joke.

You should be concerned whn your not compete ting against other BCS schools for recruits. Not North Dakota State...

I haven't said anything about the recruit's potential. I only found his comment about "everything" at ISU blowing away UCLA, USC, and LSU pretty divorced from reality.

Why? How do you know what the kid is looking for? If he visited all the schools named and liked the ISU visit best, who's to say he's wrong?

Would you rather play for Lane Kiffin or Paul Rhoads? Trust me, not all kids and their parents would choose Kiffin.

Just as some kids would maybe choose to go to Iowa over Michigan or Alabama? Both have a much more rich football history than Iowa, but I'd probably rather play for KF than Dick Rod or Saban.... they're too slimy for me.

ISU does have a lot to offer. I know it sounds crazy to you guys, but they do. Great coaches, great fans, the facilities (besides the stadium) are top notch, one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, and it's a good school too. And there are kids that would rather live in Ames or IC, Iowa versus Southern California or Baton Rouge too. There is a LOT to be said for that IMO.

Why? How do you know what the kid is looking for? If he visited all the schools named and liked the ISU visit best, who's to say he's wrong?

Would you rather play for Lane Kiffin or Paul Rhoads? Trust me, not all kids and their parents would choose Kiffin.

Just as some kids would maybe choose to go to Iowa over Michigan or Alabama? Both have a much more rich football history than Iowa, but I'd probably rather play for KF than Dick Rod or Saban.... they're too slimy for me.

ISU does have a lot to offer. I know it sounds crazy to you guys, but they do. Great coaches, great fans, the facilities (besides the stadium) are top notch, one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, and it's a good school too. And there are kids that would rather live in Ames or IC, Iowa versus Southern California or Baton Rouge too. There is a LOT to be said for that IMO.

Listen Clone: I really don't like ISU but you make some valid points. I grew up in Iowa and have been working out of state in 3 different states in the past 10 years. Iowa is just a special place where people are better and life is better and you don't have to worry about being killed or robbed as much. All that being said, they recruit you landed yesterday will most likely decommit unless you guys win the B12 North......Just the way Kids are these days.......

You make some good points here, but a couple questions remain.

Why post it here? Why would Iowa fans care what an ISU recruit has to say about the ISU campus? You're getting same response on this board that an Iowa fan would get if he/she posted the same thing on CF. What kind of reaction were you expecting?

This.

Iowa recruits against its competition. Iowa State recruits against FCS and non BCS schools. I realize Iowa usually has a few under the radar kids, but they certainly beat out schools above the level of CSU and Nevada.

Ray Hamilton - had offers from Arizona, Boston College, Cal, Cincinnati, Colorado, Florida State, Indiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pitt, Rutgers, Stanford, Syracuse, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Jake Rudock - Illinois, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota

John Raymon - Illinois, NC State, Purdue, West Virginia

Jake Duzey - Cinci, Michigan State, Oregon, Purdue

Riley McMinn - Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin

Like I said, Iowa usually goes after kids that fly under the radar, I get that. However if you look at ISU's current class, and their offers, its a complete joke.

You should be concerned whn your not compete ting against other BCS schools for recruits. Not North Dakota State...

You sound like one of those snotty OSU type of fans. "Our recruits offer list is better than your recruits offer list." ISU may not have the best recruiting class, but they get the kids that want to go there, just like we do. Look at last year's class. Guys like Hitchens, Miller, Manley, Lowery, and Vier didnt have BCS schools beating down their door to recruit them and we still welcomed them with open arms and were excited to have them be on our team. Thats all ISU is trying to do.

Why post it here?

Good and fair question. I'll give you a good answer.

1) Because the recruiting conducted by Iowa's rivals effects Iowa, albeit indirectly, and thus is relevant.

2) Because I'm both an Iowa fan (second) and an ISU fan (first), the events at both schools are of interest to me...and though you may not feel this way...a number of Iowa fans are actually fans of both schools as well and so are interested in such stuff.

3) The topic was of "general" interest regarding how important it is that recruits genuinely commit to, and love, the school they select.

4) For a topic you think irrelevant, a 3 page response thread seems to say otherwise.

5) FYI, I didn't ONLY post it here...just posted it here "also".

You sound like one of those snotty OSU type of fans. "Our recruits offer list is better than your recruits offer list." ISU may not have the best recruiting class, but they get the kids that want to go there, just like we do. Look at last year's class. Guys like Hitchens, Miller, Manley, Lowery, and Vier didnt have BCS schools beating down their door to recruit them and we still welcomed them with open arms and were excited to have them be on our team. Thats all ISU is trying to do.

You sound like someone who doesn't have good reading comprehension skills...

I clearly stated that Iowa gets kids that go under the radar, however they also get their fair share of kids with nice offers.

Your very delusional if you think recruiting against FCS schools will get you anywhere. For every Bob Sanders or Dallas Clark, theres a lot more Adrian Clayborn, Bryan Bulaga, Tony Moeaki and Christian Ballards.

Stop making an idiot of yourself.

BTW, in last years class you Iowa had a good number of recruits with quality BCS offers...

AJ Derby - Alabama,Cincinnati, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Kansas, Kansas State, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, South Florida, Wisconsin

CJ Fiedorowicz - Arizona, LSU, Illinois, Indiana, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Wisconsin

Jim Poggi - Auburn, Boston College, Maryland, Ohio State, Tennessee

Mike Hardy - Wisconsin, Nebraska, Purdue, Minnesota, Indiana

Andrew Donnal - Illinois, Maryland, Indiana,Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, South Carolina, Wake Forest, Virginia, Wisconsin

Austin Gray - Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin

I could go on

Iowa State should be going for kids with those type of offers.

Last year's Rival's recruiting rankings:

Iowa #42
ISU #60

Really not that big of a difference...and one would expect Iowa to have a better recruiting year in 2010 based on ISU having a new coach, coming off a 2-10 season...Iowa was coming off a BCS year and a win over Georgia Tech.
So the rating difference seems pretty moderate to me.

ISU also had a good number of recruits with strong offers as per Rivals, many of them being from BCS schools:

Jared Barnett - Houston, Kansas State

Adrian Bennett - Minnesota

Jeremiah George - Kansas, SMU, Colorado State, UCF

Bob Graham - Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, Air Force, Colorado State

Duran Hollis - Iowa, Baylor, Houston, UTEP

Shontrelle Johnson - Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Northwestern, Memphis, Vanderbilt

Floyd Mattison - Oklahoma State, TCU, Houston

Jarvis West - Nebraska, Syracuse, Mississippi

Chris Young - Kansas State, Southern Miss, UAB

You sound like someone who doesn't have good reading comprehension skills...

I clearly stated that Iowa gets kids that go under the radar, however they also get their fair share of kids with nice offers.

Your very delusional if you think recruiting against FCS schools will get you anywhere. For every Bob Sanders or Dallas Clark, theres a lot more Adrian Clayborn, Bryan Bulaga, Tony Moeaki and Christian Ballards.

Stop making an idiot of yourself.

BTW, in last years class you Iowa had a good number of recruits with quality BCS offers...

AJ Derby - Alabama,Cincinnati, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Kansas, Kansas State, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, South Florida, Wisconsin

CJ Fiedorowicz - Arizona, LSU, Illinois, Indiana, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Wisconsin

Jim Poggi - Auburn, Boston College, Maryland, Ohio State, Tennessee

Mike Hardy - Wisconsin, Nebraska, Purdue, Minnesota, Indiana

Andrew Donnal - Illinois, Maryland, Indiana,Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, South Carolina, Wake Forest, Virginia, Wisconsin

Austin Gray - Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin

I could go on

Iowa State should be going for kids with those type of offers.

Besides Derby none of those offer lists are that impressive. Poggi's looks ok, but there was speculation on the PSU and Texas sites that he was just patting his offer list and didnt really have all the offers he was claiming. Yes we were beating out BCS schools for recruits, But besides DERBY (Who was a legacy recruit and who already lived 5 mins away from campus) how many of those recruits were being heavily recruited by elite powerhouse schools. And on top of all things you're comparing offer lists. You do realize that a lot of programs offer over 100+ kids. A lot of these kids could have been offered as a last resort type of player. Once some of the elite programs receive the players they are really after, they tend to forget all about the last resort players and will just recruit them softly. I do agree that in order to become an elite program we are going to need those highly talented high profile recruits, but you are making it seem like we got a top ten recruiting class last year when ours was ranked 42 on one site and 45 on the other. Again I do love the players we got and I'm excited to see them on the field, But they are not going to bring us a National title. I will go on record right now and say it. I know a lot of fans are going to hate me for it, but we are no where near winning it all. Not this year and not next year. 11 wins max is what we get this year and thats with a BCS win.

Besides Derby none of those offer lists are that impressive. Poggi's looks ok, but there was speculation on the PSU and Texas sites that he was just patting his offer list and didnt really have all the offers he was claiming. Yes we were beating out BCS schools for recruits, But besides DERBY (Who was a legacy recruit and who already lived 5 mins away from campus) how many of those recruits were being heavily recruited by elite powerhouse schools. And on top of all things you're comparing offer lists. You do realize that a lot of programs offer over 100+ kids. A lot of these kids could have been offered as a last resort type of player. Once some of the elite programs receive the players they are really after, they tend to forget all about the last resort players and will just recruit them softly. I do agree that in order to become an elite program we are going to need those highly talented high profile recruits, but you are making it seem like we got a top ten recruiting class last year when ours was ranked 42 on one site and 45 on the other. Again I do love the players we got and I'm excited to see them on the field, But they are not going to bring us a National title. I will go on record right now and say it. I know a lot of fans are going to hate me for it, but we are no where near winning it all. Not this year and not next year. 11 wins max is what we get this year and thats with a BCS win.

I'm convinced that your a closet clone fan.

Nobody had an impressive offer list but AJ Derby?

Your a clown fan, or your an idiot. Probably both...

And for the record, I don't expect Iowa to compete for national titles either.

But everything in that post is everything ISU fans say about Iowa.

Your not foolin anyone.

Latest posts