What does Iowa's Mt. Rushmore of walk-ons in football look like?

Golden

Iowa has one of the best walk on programs there is in NCAA football. Who would be on your Hawk Mt. Rushmore? I'll start with Dallas Clark. Next....??????

Back in Hayden's day there was Rick Bayless and Scot Helverson. Not sure if Bill Happel was a walk on or not.

Back in Hayden's day there was Rick Bayless and Scot Helverson. Not sure if Bill Happel was a walk on or not.

Helverson not only ended up #22 in the Nation in receptions as a Senior, he's had quite a career as an NFL official... working 2 Super Bowls

Who started the thread about Greenwood with a title that read like "Proof Kirk Ferentz Doesn't Care About Winning" and the only text was that Greenwood was starting at safety. Then the guy gets a big interception that ices the game the same day.

Seriously, a lot of these guys were fodder for internet complainers for years before becoming playmakers.

There is a guy, who currrently coaches the Razorbacks, that was a walk-on and IIRC was 1st team all Big10 as a NT.

Now Greenwood is a good choice, but I think Considine was a more accomplished Safety. Still, I am not sure any one of Greenwood, Considine or Pagel were 1st team all Big10.

Maybe the fact that he coached for the enemy keeps him off the Mount?

Latest posts