What do you think will happen if Iowa were to meet Arizona in a bowl?

ccracing

Wouldn't it be nice, at the end of the season in a bowl game, Iowa and arizona were to meet. I think the hawks would really be ready and pay backs are a b*#@^. Stranger this have happen.

I would love to see us meet them in the National Championship game :) Not gonna happen though.

I think it would be a good game... Of course Iowa would DESTROY them this time. No more free 21 points.

I'm guessing they won't end up making a t-shirt for that game. It could be real ugly for Arizona the next time we meet.

Well, if it happens it means Arizona wins the PAC-10, Iowa wins the Big Ten, and both TCU and BSU wind up out of contention for the BCS. Extremely unlikely, but possible. And I'd foretell a Hawkeye victory. Fact is, if you give NP 6 weeks to gameplan for an opponent, he'll figure it out. Look at GT last year. All that consternation over how we'd be able to stop the triple option. I was confident that with enough time, NP would put together a plan to shut it down, and he did. Same would happen in a UI/UA rematch, only we'd have more appropriate film to work with.

Thanks for the post White Goodman, worst part is I hope Arizona mans up and runs the table, we'll see how you finish. Great game though, if thats your definition of domination you guys are in trouble. Good luck

Regards, Peter La Fluer

Would love to see them in the Rose Bowl. And I believe things would be different. I think Iowa is the better team but Arizona was the better team Saturday night.

As for giving them 21, yes Iowa did. But they gave Iowa 14...the pick six and the fumble inside their own 20. Plus they fumbled the ball at the Iowa 7 yard line where it would have been 2nd and 2.

Would love to see them in the Rose Bowl. And I believe things would be different. I think Iowa is the better team but Arizona was the better team Saturday night.

As for giving them 21, yes Iowa did. But they gave Iowa 14...the pick six and the fumble inside their own 20. Plus they fumbled the ball at the Iowa 7 yard line where it would have been 2nd and 2.

Yeah, but it's different when we do it to them ;)

Zona has road trips to Stanford and Oregon; it'll be a lot tougher for them to get to Pasadena than Iowa. That being said, they made a believer out of me on Saturday night.

I was watching "Extra Points" on BTN a little while ago, and I was amazed at how loud the crowd was considering how small that stadium is. For a couple of the highlights, you couldn't even hear Mark Jones' voice.

Arizona would be happy just getting to a bowl (like last year) and Iowa would be happy stomping the tar out of those ***** cats.

Zona has road trips to Stanford and Oregon; it'll be a lot tougher for them to get to Pasadena than Iowa. That being said, they made a believer out of me on Saturday night.

I was watching "Extra Points" on BTN a little while ago, and I was amazed at how loud the crowd was considering how small that stadium is. For a couple of the highlights, you couldn't even hear Mark Jones' voice.

I was in that stadium Saturday night and let me tell you...that place was off the charts loud. The way they position their student section (lower level, goal line to goal line) was pretty impressive...and they scream for minutes leading up to the play. I was on the 30 yard line 20 rows up and I seriously was getting a freaking headache from the noise.

Seriously, our student section needs to learn something. If you don't think that affected our play in crucial situations, you would be wrong. That's interesting you could tell from the TV filters.

If the two meet Iowa will have more favorable conditions during the game than Arizona as follows:

Both teams will be at a neutral site.

Desert heat not a factor.

The game will be played earlier in the day.

The Hawks will have some time to get used to the 2 hour time difference.

Iowa can use the revenge factor.

I think the Hawks will have a good chance to beat Arizona if they play in the Rose Bowl.

I still think Iowa is the better team. Don't feel there is much chance of a rematch though this is one time I would like to see one. Az will prob fall apart sometime during season.

Id like to see them meet in the Rose Bowl but like others have said AZ has a hard road ahead. As does Iowa though NW wont be an easy trip just because they are they Kryptonite Cats to Iowa as Iowa is to PSU.

Latest posts