What do you (NOT) want to see?

gravel801

So a little different idea in this thread. Things you want to not see from the Hawks next season, aside from the obvious: (Mind-numbingly obvious play calling, a new OC, losses to ISU and minny blah blah blah) I'll start:

-Micah Hyde returning punts-he was far too ready to throw up his hand for a fair catch this season. I know he's got great skills in the open field and can break it, but he never gives himself the chance. Give one of the younger guys a chance to make a play.

-Anything else?

I don't want to see the Hawks lose to:
NIU
ISU
UNI
Central Michigan
Minnesota
Northwestern
Indiana
Purdue

Losses to Penn State, Michigan State, Michigan, or Nebraska make sense in my mind, but getting upset multiple times per year is very frustrating.

I'd like to see some good defensive linemen. Hawk fans know that our defense revolves around having a good defensive line. With all the starters we are loosing on the DL I would like to see some underclassmen step up and make a big impact next year.

I do not want to see us fall into the same issues we had the past 2 years.

Stagnent play calling
Poor Special Teams Play
Losing in September
Playing to the level of our competition
Poorly Coached units "speical teams, QB, LB, and DL."
Getting out coached by someone who is making 1/2 what ferentz makes

4-3 Defense

The B10 is spread happy, would love to see Iowa go to a 3-4 defense to combat it. Get an extra athlete on the field to cover and chase down ball carriers.

3-4 defenses are also in general more aggressive and that would attract better players.

Poor special teams. It used to be that we would always win the battle of special teams against whoever we played. Not the case anymore.

Not being ready for an obvious on side kick situation and lose to Minnesota for the third year in a row and have KF say that is football and make a fart joke.

I don't want to see any RBs get injured before fall camp, RBs leaving for unexplained reasons, or RBs getting severly injured the first game of the year.

I do not want to see us fall into the same issues we had the past 2 years.

Stagnent play calling
Poor Special Teams Play
Losing in September
Playing to the level of our competition
Poorly Coached units "speical teams, QB, LB, and DL."
Getting out coached by someone who is making 1/2 what ferentz makes

AMEN

Deep hand offs in short yardage situations.

Completely abandoning the idea of FB, rb and qb draws in 3rd and long.

Fullbacks forgotten as a ball carrier or recieveers.

I hope that holds to the intent if the post. one thing I would love to see is a pass out if the victory formation before half.... its there for the taking.

... would love to see Iowa go to a 3-4 defense to combat it. Get an extra athlete on the field to cover and chase down ball carriers.

3-4 defenses are also in general more aggressive and that would attract better players.

WTF? The 3-4 is what got Rich Rod fired and the first thing Greg Mattison got rid of in his miraculous turnaround of the Michigan defense.

WTF? The 3-4 is what got Rich Rod fired and the first thing Greg Mattison got rid of in his miraculous turnaround of the Michigan defense.

Actually, Michigan ran a 3-3-5 but that's neither here nor there.

I agree with your point. It drives me insane that people think that all it takes to go from a 4-3 team to a 3-4 team is to bring in a linebacker for a defensive linemen.

It would take years to overhaul the players to fit the 3-4, a system by the way that is rarely used in college football because it's really hard to find the players to run it well.